supplements

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Any of you guys have advice for lowering blood pressure? Magnesium?
For 95% of people with high blood pressure: Better diet, exercise, weight loss. If you're already in shape and still have high BP, you'll prob need prescription meds to fix it. No supplement will have a noticeable effect on BP
Health freaks and science dorks have figured out the optimal amount of protein intake is 0.87g per pound. So, most just go by 1g per pound, as it's easier.
You're missing a super important word: .8g/lb of LEAN body mass.

You gonna recommend >270g of protein per day to someone that's overweight and only doing cardio (as an example)? C'mon

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
The 1gr/1lbs thing. Is that a thing?
1g per lb is pretty good and recommended and within a range found by many studies if you're looking at accumulating muscle. note this falls apart once you're fat - for that a good alternative suggestion is 1g per cm of height.

also if you are in a cut you'll want to eat more protein to discourage your body from cannibalizing muscles. and because vegetarian protein sources are incomplete in terms of essential amino acid profiles, anyone who's a vegetarian or vegan needs to either pay attention to matching their food profiles or just aim for higher macro intake of them.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
For 95% of people with high blood pressure: Better diet, exercise, weight loss. If you're already in shape and still have high BP, you'll prob need prescription meds to fix it. No supplement will have a noticeable effect on BP

You're missing a super important word: .8g/lb of LEAN body mass.

You gonna recommend >270g of protein per day to someone that's overweight and only doing cardio (as an example)? C'mon
Sorry I didn't specify for the land whales.

Could you imagine the gas and shits they'd take though if they took 270g??

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska

I'm in pretty decent shape. I could probably lose a few lbs, but I don't see that changing too much. I am pretty active since I do construction and farm, but in the past, I have noticed a difference if I jog 30 minutes a day, 3-4 days a week. I will probably start that up again as the weather gets nicer and the days are longer.

When I gave blood about a month ago, I was 140/88, but that was late on in the day. If I take my bp 1st thing in the morning, it's usually 120-130/85-90.

My grandpa was on BP meds since he was 30, so it does seem hereditary mostly.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Anyone ever hear of the balance of nature fruits and veggies? Someone today was telling me how great they were and since I eat like shit I was thinking maybe?
Quick research says it's not enough of your daily fruit/veggies but it's better than what I eat now which is nothing. Guess it's all natural, dehydrated and no fillers added

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
1649475566308.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo and Maro

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
As of this week I'm taking:

-multi vitamin
-MSM, I have it lying around so will take it
-Turmeric
-Activia probiotic yogurt drink
-Valerian root at night for sleeping, had it lying around

Feels like some of my left hip pain which has been kinda chronic is reduced.

I don't know that I need a probiotic but I figured I'd have one of these small drinks 1x for a month and see if I notice anything different regarding bowel movements, stuff like that. I need to read more on this, but maybe also getting crap to run through my systerm quicker, less tummy...

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info