• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

supercharging my marauder!

whitey

Mar 11, 2012
ok, just for shits and giggles, and to give me a goal to set, how much would it cost to have a supercharger put on my car. right now i have 127,000 miles, and i was thinking an eaton swap, assuming this would be cheapest. im not looking for a full blown out race car, just looking to make Belinda more peppy! something that runs ~12's in the quarter. if/when i get the money, hopefully zack could build it for me. what do you think the total cost of parts and installation will be? thanks--whitey

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Oct 18, 2009
finding a used eaton makes it more cost effective (if its complete)

Agreed. Blower, Lower intake manifold, and intercooler will cost anywhere from $750 to $1,000 for the three components (combined), those are the big ticket items; next would be the brackets and pulleys (with hubs), these'll set you back somewhere around $700, the rest of the stuff is fairly reasonable if a guy's patient and shops around.
'

sanco

Jul 16, 2011
procharged or similar centrifugal setup would actually be cheaper than screw

If you are set on an eaton swap, depends on how patient you are and how much you want to look for it. I was on 5 different sites daily looking for parts and i managed to get my parts together in about a month at the cost of about $3500 installed. minus the stuff i sold off of my car and i made out with about $2900 out the door.

roots setups can be found as low as a couple of grand, used you have to worry about what kind of shape its in. I decided against it since i heard from several people that it might not be the most reliable option for a daily driver in varying temperatures. Again, i heard that info thats why i decided not to go that route, but feel free to do your own research

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info