supercharging my marauder!

whitey

Reaction score
ok, just for shits and giggles, and to give me a goal to set, how much would it cost to have a supercharger put on my car. right now i have 127,000 miles, and i was thinking an eaton swap, assuming this would be cheapest. im not looking for a full blown out race car, just looking to make Belinda more peppy! something that runs ~12's in the quarter. if/when i get the money, hopefully zack could build it for me. what do you think the total cost of parts and installation will be? thanks--whitey

OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
worn out parts can be replaced....:eek:h:

OP
whitey

whitey

Reaction score
if thats what it takes, thats what shall happen

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Reaction score
Figure $3,500 to $4,000 for parts and another $1,000 for installation and incidentals.

BTW, if you keep the boost and the tune conservative, and the engine has been well maintained, installing a blower with 127K on the clock shouldn't be an issue.

lji372

Reaction score
finding a used eaton makes it more cost effective (if its complete)

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Reaction score
finding a used eaton makes it more cost effective (if its complete)

Agreed. Blower, Lower intake manifold, and intercooler will cost anywhere from $750 to $1,000 for the three components (combined), those are the big ticket items; next would be the brackets and pulleys (with hubs), these'll set you back somewhere around $700, the rest of the stuff is fairly reasonable if a guy's patient and shops around.
'

musclemerc

Reaction score
I dont know if you guys have checked Cobra parts lately but Ford has discontinued the lower intake and next will be the IC. The prices have gone up!

Whitey, you cheapest option is a Mach1 Vortec or Procharger, they can be had complete for 2000~2500

Jon01

Muthafucka Jones
Reaction score
If you shop you can find good deals.
I just picked up a 30,000 mile Terminator long block with intake manifold and intercooler for $3k.
Patiently waiting on a good deal on a Whipple to come along next then it'll be game on.

sanco

Reaction score
procharged or similar centrifugal setup would actually be cheaper than screw

If you are set on an eaton swap, depends on how patient you are and how much you want to look for it. I was on 5 different sites daily looking for parts and i managed to get my parts together in about a month at the cost of about $3500 installed. minus the stuff i sold off of my car and i made out with about $2900 out the door.

roots setups can be found as low as a couple of grand, used you have to worry about what kind of shape its in. I decided against it since i heard from several people that it might not be the most reliable option for a daily driver in varying temperatures. Again, i heard that info thats why i decided not to go that route, but feel free to do your own research

4DoorBlackTop

Reaction score
Buy the short block as posted for starters. Roots is more dependable. Procharger is fun, but you will have pipes blowing off from time to time if you drive it properly. :D

Burt Ragio

Reaction score
You want to put a blower on something with 130k miles? really? Good luck
Installimg a blower with low boost should be fine providing all is ok with a compression & leak down test.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom