3800 SuperCharger Professionals

Would anyone know of a performance shop that specializes in SuperChargers, especially on Grand Prix's? I'm looking to drop the factory pulley & put on a 3.4 pulley for my 2004 GTP. I was told that I may need to replace my idler pulley & my tensioner pulley? Also I would need to have everything reprogrammed after I get the pulley change. Has anyone has this work done before? Professionally done!

If so please let me know. I want to get this done. Looking for a creditable performance shop. That does quality work.

Reply on here or drop me an e-mail
[email protected]

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
....you dont need to have anything professionally done for such a minor mod. Just get a 3.4 modular pulley system, a DHP PCM, `80* tstat and 1 step colder plugs. (autolite 104's i think). Find someone with a pulley puller to help take off the stock pulley and pop on the MPS hub and install the tstat and plugs. Plug in the new computer and you are done. Im sure you can find someone on here to do it for you for a reasonable price if you dont want to do it yourself.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Your tensioner pulley will be fine. If you start running 3.0 or smaller Id worry a little about the idler and tensioner.

Since you have an 04, Id hold off on the pulley. Get a set of ported exhaust manifold or headers and a downpipe first. You dont necessarily need an intercooler to run a 3.4 pulley but more mods do help. Especially since you have a Gen V blower stock. Think of it this way, you run the same amount of boost with a stock pulley as a 97-03 GTP does with a 3.4 pulley.

bluegpgtp

Regular
Jan 22, 2008
Bourbonnais, IL
Real Name
Doug
These responses are very helpful.

I just order my new mufflers. I doing a 3inch down pipe also. Is it better with the stock CAT or should I eliminate the cat all together, and have a straight 3inch down pipe?
[/b]

please do me a favor, buy headers, NO CAT, if you dont, you will be doing it later. and wait on the pulley drop, once u have headers and a decent intake, 104's, a 180 stat u can prolly go to a 3.6 with lil knock.

ive got a 3.4 on my gen III supercharger with those mods and im still knocking 2 degrees. im gonna have to goto 1.9 rockers i think to get rid of it...

trust me... bigger pulley and no knock is faster than a small pulley with 6 degrees of timing...

GOOD LUCK.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info