• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

SuperCharger Professionals

mr_gtp

Reaction score
Would anyone know of a performance shop that specializes in SuperChargers, especially on Grand Prix's? I'm looking to drop the factory pulley & put on a 3.4 pulley for my 2004 GTP. I was told that I may need to replace my idler pulley & my tensioner pulley? Also I would need to have everything reprogrammed after I get the pulley change. Has anyone has this work done before? Professionally done!

If so please let me know. I want to get this done. Looking for a creditable performance shop. That does quality work.

Reply on here or drop me an e-mail
[email protected]

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
....you dont need to have anything professionally done for such a minor mod. Just get a 3.4 modular pulley system, a DHP PCM, `80* tstat and 1 step colder plugs. (autolite 104's i think). Find someone with a pulley puller to help take off the stock pulley and pop on the MPS hub and install the tstat and plugs. Plug in the new computer and you are done. Im sure you can find someone on here to do it for you for a reasonable price if you dont want to do it yourself.

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
I just noticed this was an 04'...... get a scanner too so you can monitor for knock before you mod and after

PANDA

Reaction score
Buy a Intercooler to run a 3.4 on a 04.

audiogob654

Reaction score
you dont really need an idler pully if your just going down to a 3.4 but anything lower than that you will

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Your tensioner pulley will be fine. If you start running 3.0 or smaller Id worry a little about the idler and tensioner.

Since you have an 04, Id hold off on the pulley. Get a set of ported exhaust manifold or headers and a downpipe first. You dont necessarily need an intercooler to run a 3.4 pulley but more mods do help. Especially since you have a Gen V blower stock. Think of it this way, you run the same amount of boost with a stock pulley as a 97-03 GTP does with a 3.4 pulley.

mr_gtp

Reaction score
These responses are very helpful.

I just order my new mufflers. I doing a 3inch down pipe also. Is it better with the stock CAT or should I eliminate the cat all together, and have a straight 3inch down pipe?

bluegpgtp

Reaction score
These responses are very helpful.

I just order my new mufflers. I doing a 3inch down pipe also. Is it better with the stock CAT or should I eliminate the cat all together, and have a straight 3inch down pipe?
[/b]
please do me a favor, buy headers, NO CAT, if you dont, you will be doing it later. and wait on the pulley drop, once u have headers and a decent intake, 104's, a 180 stat u can prolly go to a 3.6 with lil knock.

ive got a 3.4 on my gen III supercharger with those mods and im still knocking 2 degrees. im gonna have to goto 1.9 rockers i think to get rid of it...

trust me... bigger pulley and no knock is faster than a small pulley with 6 degrees of timing...

GOOD LUCK.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom