• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Supercharger Oil

zeez gtp

Reaction score
After how many miles are you supposed to replace the supercharger oil? I have never replaced it before. I took my car in at around 75k and had the dealer do it. Where is the plug for the supercharger anyways? Thanks

Z

atomicman

Reaction score
it is an allen plug on the snout. The end away from the pulley. It is sorta in plain view. mine had a green paint swab on it.

Royalgtp

Reaction score
Originally posted by zeez gtp@Nov 21 2003, 07:42 PM
I have never replaced it before. I took my car in at around 75k and had the dealer do it. Z
man thats a looooonnnggg time....hope everythings ok.

I

imported_snoop

dude, i dont know how late i am to reply, but DAMN does that shit stink. i hope you wore nose plugs for that because that shit is a HORRIBLE SMELL

GTPj

Reaction score
my dealer told me to change it every 25k-30k miles??

GTPj

Reaction score
oh yeah its really easy to do....damn dealers wanted $100 to change the oil...f*ck that!!! all you need are 2 bottles of SC oil and a soap pump thingy......

BumpinGTP

Reaction score
i took the top off an old spray bottle and just spray that crap into a pop can, worked pretty good, got all but a couple drops out too

Royalgtp

Reaction score
my shit didnt stink??? :lol: Really, it wasnt that bad at all. 25k miles old to.

yeah, I used a soap pump dispanser, stuck it in there, pumped and had another bottle to collect what came out.

then just squirt your 2 bottles of SC fluid and your good to go.

zeez gtp

Reaction score
wait wait wait

the oil had been changed routinely when my dad had the car, i am just saying, when i got it at 75k i had the dealer put some oil in there. i was just wondering how soon i should change it. i am on 95k, looks like i should do it fairly soon. lata

z

GTPj

Reaction score
every 25k-30k you need to change it....someone back me up on that..thats what the dealer told me...it only costs like $12 for the oil....so you might as well....i changed mine when mine hit 25k

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom