🔧 BUILD Supercharged C5

General Information

[chapter]Goodbye 335, hello C5[/chapter]

Traded the 335i a couple weeks back and picked up a 00 C5. It was to good of a deal not to, honestly. The Bmw had a rebuilt title, and booked for $9k with a clean title, so i could have probably sold it for around 6 or a tad higher. i traded the car plus $3k on my side.

Car is a 2000 C5, 112k miles, auto, A&A V3 supercharger kit, JBA headers, Magnaflow catback, summit racing balancer, BTR dual valve springs, plugs, msd wires, kenne belle boost a pump, all 4 stabilizer links new, glass targa top and painted top.

Car was dyno tuned in oct 2016 at 498whp at weaponX in OHIO but the car felt slow. drove it home and had my tuner pull the file and it's extremely low on timing so that has me worried, as to why they pulled so much timing out of it. best case scenario, they pulled a lot of timing just to be a safe daily and to save the trans (supposedly it's built, but no proof makes me assume it's stock) worst case scenario, the engine is hurt so they pulled a lot of timing to try and hide it, so i changed the oil tonight and am shipping off a sample to blackstone Labs.

Also, the owner in which i got the car from, paid a shop to install the new summit pulley, but the shop did not pin the pulley to the crank. the previous owner (not the guy i got it from) was the one that modded the car, and initially the pulley was pinned, but the shop did no re pin the new pulley, so now i've got to take care of that sometime soon. other than that, car doesn't have any major issues, speakers sound like shit, and i have to order a new wiper motor. overall, i think i came out like a bandit on the trade, since the SC kit alone cost almost what my car was worth.

sorry for the shit pics, working 2 jobs currently has me very limited for time.

1688935752586.png

mjFJNhM.jpg

CQW5Fwl.jpg

[chapter]Blackstone Results[/chapter]

[chapter]Water Pump Failure[/chapter]

[chapter]Windshield Tinted[/chapter]

[chatper]BT Cam Ordered[/chapter]

[chatper]Tear down Begins[/chapter]

[chapter]Built 4L60 Acquired[/chapter]

[chapter]She lives![/chapter]

[chapter]New Blower - TiV1 / New Fuel Rails[/chapter]

[chapter]Money shots and vents[/chapter

[chapter]New heads - PRC 2.5 243 [/chapter]

[chapter]Slight problem with the diff[/chapter]

[chapter]Putting everything back together[/chapter]

Multiple posts after this one

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
i believe i have a headgasket issue from possibly lifting the head, and i figured if i was going to be pulling the head i might as well take it as a time to upgrade.

PRC 2.5 243's, ARP headstuds, LS7 lifters, and all necessary gaskets. this winter i plan to swap to a LS6 intake, Bosch 210 injectors, and dual hanger intank pump (while still running my inline aux pump) and convert to a return style fuel setup with FPR. .....all while still being stock bottom end. lol.

1S4uAps.jpg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
haven't gotten around to installing the heads yet, i've continued to order parts though. lol.

list of shit to be completed:
PRC 2.5 heads
LS7 lifters/trays
ls9 headgaskets
ARP headstuds
larger trans cooler
Aeromotive FPR - converting to a return style fuel setup
racetronix 255 intank
DW inline fuel filters
larger BOV
Front plate cut out for screen

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Just a quick update, still haven't started working in the car. ? But I've also decided to pull the trans and send it in to get built further. Currently a level 2 performabuilt, going to have them take it to the next level. While that's out, I'm sending off my diff for a refresh, sending off my converter to be recut and restalled, and rebuilding my torque tube using solid couplers.

Sent off an oil sample to Blackstone and came back with good news. Still no signs of increased wear after installing larger blower and smaller pulley. So as it appears, the car is ready to be turned up.

Plan to get it dyno tuned next year, car should be at or around 800, I'd love to see an 850 out of it, but I won't be putting a max effort tune on it. I may pull the blower filter on the final run just to inflate the number , as people pick up an expedential amount of hp from doing so due to the intake design on it.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
after 3 months of just sitting, a little bit of time finally went into the car and dropped the rear out. while doing so, i found the reason my diff was leaking half of the year last season. lol. plan to swap the guts of my diff into a new housing, and going to go ahead and order a trans/diff brace also to try and help the next one from breaking. i contemplated swapping in a C6z diff and rear cradle, unfortunately i can't seem to find anything for sale at the moment.

owOx0vU.jpg

mI9SU7g.jpg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
everything is shipped off. converter is already on it's way back to me. they did find a burnt up clutch in it so replaced and re stalled the converter to a 3400 in stead of the 3200 that it was.

diff is going to be a few more days, as i opted to go ahead and have them install billitt 300m shafts.

trans should ship back this next week.

and still have everything else to do. a shit ton of work to be completed prior to warm weather which is quickly approaching.

sqY5r1W.jpg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
rear end is back up in place. fuel pump installed, BOV installed, front plate cutout complete, FPR installed and currently finishing up the lines for the return fuel setup. once the fuel lines are complete, there isn't really much left to do, as that's a tedious process of laying out the place and then making all of the lines and fittings. Still needing to swap out the trans cooler and pull the factory heads to install lifters, arp studs, and cnc'd heads.

6VxRoAs.jpg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
car is coming together now. fuel setup complete and started on the heads now. am installing new valves and springs in the prc heads, so it's taking a littler extra time. one side is complete, at least. lol also picked up a 4" pipe and am going to try to figure out a way to fit it on the blower. Dewitts makes a cut down radiator but they also think it's made of gold and charge $800 for it. we're going to see about lowering the radiator cradle or repositioning it to make the pipe fit.

xGF483J.jpg

mddBT9E.jpg

o0OjcO6.jpg

wmM58iq.jpg

7LP6d2y.jpg

sQusm2w.jpg

Kundo5r.jpg

Thread Info