🔧 BUILD Supercharged C5

General Information

[chapter]Goodbye 335, hello C5[/chapter]

Traded the 335i a couple weeks back and picked up a 00 C5. It was to good of a deal not to, honestly. The Bmw had a rebuilt title, and booked for $9k with a clean title, so i could have probably sold it for around 6 or a tad higher. i traded the car plus $3k on my side.

Car is a 2000 C5, 112k miles, auto, A&A V3 supercharger kit, JBA headers, Magnaflow catback, summit racing balancer, BTR dual valve springs, plugs, msd wires, kenne belle boost a pump, all 4 stabilizer links new, glass targa top and painted top.

Car was dyno tuned in oct 2016 at 498whp at weaponX in OHIO but the car felt slow. drove it home and had my tuner pull the file and it's extremely low on timing so that has me worried, as to why they pulled so much timing out of it. best case scenario, they pulled a lot of timing just to be a safe daily and to save the trans (supposedly it's built, but no proof makes me assume it's stock) worst case scenario, the engine is hurt so they pulled a lot of timing to try and hide it, so i changed the oil tonight and am shipping off a sample to blackstone Labs.

Also, the owner in which i got the car from, paid a shop to install the new summit pulley, but the shop did not pin the pulley to the crank. the previous owner (not the guy i got it from) was the one that modded the car, and initially the pulley was pinned, but the shop did no re pin the new pulley, so now i've got to take care of that sometime soon. other than that, car doesn't have any major issues, speakers sound like shit, and i have to order a new wiper motor. overall, i think i came out like a bandit on the trade, since the SC kit alone cost almost what my car was worth.

sorry for the shit pics, working 2 jobs currently has me very limited for time.

1688935752586.png

mjFJNhM.jpg

CQW5Fwl.jpg

[chapter]Blackstone Results[/chapter]

[chapter]Water Pump Failure[/chapter]

[chapter]Windshield Tinted[/chapter]

[chatper]BT Cam Ordered[/chapter]

[chatper]Tear down Begins[/chapter]

[chapter]Built 4L60 Acquired[/chapter]

[chapter]She lives![/chapter]

[chapter]New Blower - TiV1 / New Fuel Rails[/chapter]

[chapter]Money shots and vents[/chapter

[chapter]New heads - PRC 2.5 243 [/chapter]

[chapter]Slight problem with the diff[/chapter]

[chapter]Putting everything back together[/chapter]

Multiple posts after this one

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It is true, many platforms suffer from high pressure clutches taking out thrust bearings. Most people have learned to re-wire the car to start without depressing the clutch, but there are still many out there learning their lesson.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I just like get your concept. But oil films are pretty good nowadays to fight these 'dry starts" and also oil pressure is reached within seconds throughout the entire engine.

I never wired my clutch switch in, so my car can start w/o clutch being depressed. Hmm

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
No modern oils have zinc or sulfur high pressure lubricants...They removed those compounds because they prematurely kill oxygen sensors and catalytic converters and since the federal government requires manufacturer's warranty their emissions equipment for 80,000 miles the manufacturers would rather it last for 80,000 miles instead of your engine..... which they only have to warranty for 36,000 miles.

Modern thin oils get to places a lot faster on a cold start yes. However tiny bits of bearing wear /clearance increase drastically reduces pressure since it is so thin....

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
I like this advice better. Ordered 210# injectors and 3.0 pulley. It should put me pretty damn close to the 1k mark! If I get drunk enough before install I might put the 2.85 on there that I also bought. ?

I put my big boy pants on and ordered some smaller diameter idler Pullies and a new belt so I can just run the 2.85." With this combo, I should break the 1kwhp mark....

......And more than likely break the drive train again also, lol

0BAD98A5-4EED-4349-A8DD-6F38A525F7A9.jpeg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Finally picked up a different exhaust to ditch my ugly ass single tips. Found a "local" zo6 Titanium exhaust. Going to have the bypass mod done to give it a littler more sound.

Making headway on the car. Thinkkng of ditching the abs module though so currently looking at delete kits.

070BF82B-8200-48B3-A374-C5E9951ED4AA.jpeg

825D1AC4-0159-4CA8-9693-E0651376BE0B.jpeg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
My abs module quit working anyways and it's not serviceable. People sell workong ones for $1000. So I chose to just remove it. Save weight and make more room in the engine bay. That kit comes with everything pre-made length and proportionong valve. I could have definitely made it for cheaper, but sometime easier is nice.

Thread Info