Judge none choose one
Donating Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
It is true, many platforms suffer from high pressure clutches taking out thrust bearings. Most people have learned to re-wire the car to start without depressing the clutch, but there are still many out there learning their lesson.

DEEZUZ

Judge none choose one
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just like get your concept. But oil films are pretty good nowadays to fight these 'dry starts" and also oil pressure is reached within seconds throughout the entire engine.

I never wired my clutch switch in, so my car can start w/o clutch being depressed. Hmm

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Donating Member
Reaction score
No modern oils have zinc or sulfur high pressure lubricants...They removed those compounds because they prematurely kill oxygen sensors and catalytic converters and since the federal government requires manufacturer's warranty their emissions equipment for 80,000 miles the manufacturers would rather it last for 80,000 miles instead of your engine..... which they only have to warranty for 36,000 miles.

Modern thin oils get to places a lot faster on a cold start yes. However tiny bits of bearing wear /clearance increase drastically reduces pressure since it is so thin....

Top Bottom