Drag to reposition cover

BUILD Supercharged C5

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Aaannnddd...i think it's time for a new engine. Oil sure is silver! 😂. Going to pull valve covers and such this weekend and send oil sample off to Blackstone. But I'm looking for a replacement shortblock.

DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cars been nothing but trouble

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Well fuck.... going full crate motor or just a junkyard swap?
I'm leaning towards a texas speed 383. but currently looking for L33 5.3 myself, if i can find one for a decent price, ill just send it to the machine shop and have one built there instead of purchasing from texas speed. going to be changing pullies and upping the injector while im at it because whats the point of going to a built engine if im not going to throw more at it. HA.

changed the oil today so i could pull a sample to send to Blackstone. This oil only has 150 miles on it and is silver as fuck! also pulled the covers and didn't notice anything jump out at me at all. overall, im impressed with this 20 year old engine with 158K miles on it. iv'e beat the piss out of it in the 2.5 years i've owned it.

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
i never updated the thread as my life is all work and nothing else, but i received the blackstone report back and the national average for aluminum in the oil is 4PPM and my sample had 143PPM. I didn't tear the engine down, but i did pick up a 6.0 and sending it to be built. Going to be a complete forged build with 3.900 crank and 6.125 rods along with a custom grind cam. Also picked up an A&A secondary drive kit to run an 8 rib setup on the blower and a 10% overdrive crank pulley. Ill be spinning the blower to it's max if i stick with the 3.25" pulley iv'e been running. I've contemplated going down a step and overspinning the blower with a 3.1" because i don't want to spend the coin on a YSI headunit due to spending 7k last year, putting 100 miles on the car prior to damaging it, and now doing the engine. I may see what the car does this next year, and maybe the YSI and more fuel will be in store for next year. This next year i should be putting down 850+ to the wheel, plus the local 1/8mile track opened back up so i should be able to make some runs finally!

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Yesss. Been waiting for an update on this.
You could have texted fool. Work overruns my life. I dropped the engine off at the machine shop on Monday and put it in his hands to build it. I told him the details of the car and how I used it and told him to do what he pleases as it was above my knowledge. He said it's going to bad one badass street car, so we'll see what happens. 😂

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
I wish you would have said something a couple weeks ago. I would have sold you mine... Let me know how much grinding it takes to clear a 15" wheel. I gave up the day before track day. Lol.
Well I didn't know I was actually going to buy some, but they got posted at a decent deal and I said fuck it. 😂. It will be a bit before I buy a new wheel/tire setup.

I am still looking for a cutdown radiator if you happen to see a used one for sale.

Lead Pipe

110% Flex
Reaction score
Well I didn't know I was actually going to buy some, but they got posted at a decent deal and I said fuck it. 😂. It will be a bit before I buy a new wheel/tire setup.

I am still looking for a cutdown radiator if you happen to see a used one for sale.
I have the drag wheels off my TA as well as a 2 step I can borrow from that build. Next spring I'll do the grinding an see what my car can do. It went 12.9 on the old ass run flats and a fucked up alignment from the spindles.

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've yet to run my car on a track. When it was up and running the "local" track had an engine diaper rule for anything FI. They have new owners and abolished that rule now, but my car is obviously broken. I should definitely make some track outings this next year though. *knock on wood*

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Got word from the engine builder that the fully forged 6.0l is approaching completion. Loading the car up and taking it to a friend's garage as he is doing to work for me since my life consists only of work. Builder when need my oil pan and heads and such prior to completing the shortblock.

Screenshot_20201217-171145_Snapchat.jpg

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Dropped my heads at the shop the other day and found out they were milled. I purchased them second hand and was told they were unmilled. They have 58cc chambers. They look to have been cut down .030. #notideal.

Also.... I did a thing...
*more pics to come when I actually take delivery of. Them. Have to purchase some tires for the rear but come with fronts already.

Snapchat-1866245747.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom