🔧 BUILD Supercharged C5

General Information

[chapter]Goodbye 335, hello C5[/chapter]

Traded the 335i a couple weeks back and picked up a 00 C5. It was to good of a deal not to, honestly. The Bmw had a rebuilt title, and booked for $9k with a clean title, so i could have probably sold it for around 6 or a tad higher. i traded the car plus $3k on my side.

Car is a 2000 C5, 112k miles, auto, A&A V3 supercharger kit, JBA headers, Magnaflow catback, summit racing balancer, BTR dual valve springs, plugs, msd wires, kenne belle boost a pump, all 4 stabilizer links new, glass targa top and painted top.

Car was dyno tuned in oct 2016 at 498whp at weaponX in OHIO but the car felt slow. drove it home and had my tuner pull the file and it's extremely low on timing so that has me worried, as to why they pulled so much timing out of it. best case scenario, they pulled a lot of timing just to be a safe daily and to save the trans (supposedly it's built, but no proof makes me assume it's stock) worst case scenario, the engine is hurt so they pulled a lot of timing to try and hide it, so i changed the oil tonight and am shipping off a sample to blackstone Labs.

Also, the owner in which i got the car from, paid a shop to install the new summit pulley, but the shop did not pin the pulley to the crank. the previous owner (not the guy i got it from) was the one that modded the car, and initially the pulley was pinned, but the shop did no re pin the new pulley, so now i've got to take care of that sometime soon. other than that, car doesn't have any major issues, speakers sound like shit, and i have to order a new wiper motor. overall, i think i came out like a bandit on the trade, since the SC kit alone cost almost what my car was worth.

sorry for the shit pics, working 2 jobs currently has me very limited for time.

1688935752586.png

mjFJNhM.jpg

CQW5Fwl.jpg

[chapter]Blackstone Results[/chapter]

[chapter]Water Pump Failure[/chapter]

[chapter]Windshield Tinted[/chapter]

[chatper]BT Cam Ordered[/chapter]

[chatper]Tear down Begins[/chapter]

[chapter]Built 4L60 Acquired[/chapter]

[chapter]She lives![/chapter]

[chapter]New Blower - TiV1 / New Fuel Rails[/chapter]

[chapter]Money shots and vents[/chapter

[chapter]New heads - PRC 2.5 243 [/chapter]

[chapter]Slight problem with the diff[/chapter]

[chapter]Putting everything back together[/chapter]

Multiple posts after this one

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Well fuck.... going full crate motor or just a junkyard swap?

I'm leaning towards a texas speed 383. but currently looking for L33 5.3 myself, if i can find one for a decent price, ill just send it to the machine shop and have one built there instead of purchasing from texas speed. going to be changing pullies and upping the injector while im at it because whats the point of going to a built engine if im not going to throw more at it. HA.

changed the oil today so i could pull a sample to send to Blackstone. This oil only has 150 miles on it and is silver as fuck! also pulled the covers and didn't notice anything jump out at me at all. overall, im impressed with this 20 year old engine with 158K miles on it. iv'e beat the piss out of it in the 2.5 years i've owned it.

lCe3RWN.jpg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
i never updated the thread as my life is all work and nothing else, but i received the blackstone report back and the national average for aluminum in the oil is 4PPM and my sample had 143PPM. I didn't tear the engine down, but i did pick up a 6.0 and sending it to be built. Going to be a complete forged build with 3.900 crank and 6.125 rods along with a custom grind cam. Also picked up an A&A secondary drive kit to run an 8 rib setup on the blower and a 10% overdrive crank pulley. Ill be spinning the blower to it's max if i stick with the 3.25" pulley iv'e been running. I've contemplated going down a step and overspinning the blower with a 3.1" because i don't want to spend the coin on a YSI headunit due to spending 7k last year, putting 100 miles on the car prior to damaging it, and now doing the engine. I may see what the car does this next year, and maybe the YSI and more fuel will be in store for next year. This next year i should be putting down 850+ to the wheel, plus the local 1/8mile track opened back up so i should be able to make some runs finally!

DjCdSWF.jpg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Yesss. Been waiting for an update on this.

You could have texted fool. Work overruns my life. I dropped the engine off at the machine shop on Monday and put it in his hands to build it. I told him the details of the car and how I used it and told him to do what he pleases as it was above my knowledge. He said it's going to bad one badass street car, so we'll see what happens. ?

Reactions: SleeperLS

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Picked up a set of drag spindles to allow me to run a 15" rear wheel setup.

View attachment 69603
I wish you would have said something a couple weeks ago. I would have sold you mine... Let me know how much grinding it takes to clear a 15" wheel. I gave up the day before track day. Lol.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
I wish you would have said something a couple weeks ago. I would have sold you mine... Let me know how much grinding it takes to clear a 15" wheel. I gave up the day before track day. Lol.

Well I didn't know I was actually going to buy some, but they got posted at a decent deal and I said fuck it. ?. It will be a bit before I buy a new wheel/tire setup.

I am still looking for a cutdown radiator if you happen to see a used one for sale.

Reactions: Lead Pipe

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Well I didn't know I was actually going to buy some, but they got posted at a decent deal and I said fuck it. ?. It will be a bit before I buy a new wheel/tire setup.

I am still looking for a cutdown radiator if you happen to see a used one for sale.
I have the drag wheels off my TA as well as a 2 step I can borrow from that build. Next spring I'll do the grinding an see what my car can do. It went 12.9 on the old ass run flats and a fucked up alignment from the spindles.

Reactions: ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Got word from the engine builder that the fully forged 6.0l is approaching completion. Loading the car up and taking it to a friend's garage as he is doing to work for me since my life consists only of work. Builder when need my oil pan and heads and such prior to completing the shortblock.

Screenshot_20201217-171145_Snapchat.jpg

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Dropped my heads at the shop the other day and found out they were milled. I purchased them second hand and was told they were unmilled. They have 58cc chambers. They look to have been cut down .030. #notideal.

Also.... I did a thing...
*more pics to come when I actually take delivery of. Them. Have to purchase some tires for the rear but come with fronts already.

Snapchat-1866245747.jpg

Thread Info