Drag to reposition cover

BUILD Supercharged C5

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
installing a new aluminum radiator this weekend along with some Trackspec hood vents. will post updates once completed.

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
still need to finish it up and install the radiator, but work doesn't allow many free days for me this month.

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
Love em. They make iroc ones.... Soooooon

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
i believe i have a headgasket issue from possibly lifting the head, and i figured if i was going to be pulling the head i might as well take it as a time to upgrade.

PRC 2.5 243's, ARP headstuds, LS7 lifters, and all necessary gaskets. this winter i plan to swap to a LS6 intake, Bosch 210 injectors, and dual hanger intank pump (while still running my inline aux pump) and convert to a return style fuel setup with FPR. .....all while still being stock bottom end. lol.

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
Is there at least a chance you would consider dropping in some ARP rod bolts? I'd love to see that As a precaution

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
haven't gotten around to installing the heads yet, i've continued to order parts though. lol.

list of shit to be completed:
PRC 2.5 heads
LS7 lifters/trays
ls9 headgaskets
ARP headstuds
larger trans cooler
Aeromotive FPR - converting to a return style fuel setup
racetronix 255 intank
DW inline fuel filters
larger BOV
Front plate cut out for screen

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Just a quick update, still haven't started working in the car. 😂 But I've also decided to pull the trans and send it in to get built further. Currently a level 2 performabuilt, going to have them take it to the next level. While that's out, I'm sending off my diff for a refresh, sending off my converter to be recut and restalled, and rebuilding my torque tube using solid couplers.

Sent off an oil sample to Blackstone and came back with good news. Still no signs of increased wear after installing larger blower and smaller pulley. So as it appears, the car is ready to be turned up.

Plan to get it dyno tuned next year, car should be at or around 800, I'd love to see an 850 out of it, but I won't be putting a max effort tune on it. I may pull the blower filter on the final run just to inflate the number , as people pick up an expedential amount of hp from doing so due to the intake design on it.

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Just received my heads back from the shop. They were planed and inspected. A lot of the hardening is starting to flake from the valve tips so I've opted to replace them. Just ordered all new Manly valves to be installed.

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
after 3 months of just sitting, a little bit of time finally went into the car and dropped the rear out. while doing so, i found the reason my diff was leaking half of the year last season. lol. plan to swap the guts of my diff into a new housing, and going to go ahead and order a trans/diff brace also to try and help the next one from breaking. i contemplated swapping in a C6z diff and rear cradle, unfortunately i can't seem to find anything for sale at the moment.

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
everything is shipped off. converter is already on it's way back to me. they did find a burnt up clutch in it so replaced and re stalled the converter to a 3400 in stead of the 3200 that it was.

diff is going to be a few more days, as i opted to go ahead and have them install billitt 300m shafts.

trans should ship back this next week.

and still have everything else to do. a shit ton of work to be completed prior to warm weather which is quickly approaching.

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
rear end is back up in place. fuel pump installed, BOV installed, front plate cutout complete, FPR installed and currently finishing up the lines for the return fuel setup. once the fuel lines are complete, there isn't really much left to do, as that's a tedious process of laying out the place and then making all of the lines and fittings. Still needing to swap out the trans cooler and pull the factory heads to install lifters, arp studs, and cnc'd heads.

OP
ldyzluvdis06

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
car is coming together now. fuel setup complete and started on the heads now. am installing new valves and springs in the prc heads, so it's taking a littler extra time. one side is complete, at least. lol also picked up a 4" pipe and am going to try to figure out a way to fit it on the blower. Dewitts makes a cut down radiator but they also think it's made of gold and charge $800 for it. we're going to see about lowering the radiator cradle or repositioning it to make the pipe fit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom