i believe i have a headgasket issue from possibly lifting the head, and i figured if i was going to be pulling the head i might as well take it as a time to upgrade.
PRC 2.5 243's, ARP headstuds, LS7 lifters, and all necessary gaskets. this winter i plan to swap to a LS6 intake, Bosch 210 injectors, and dual hanger intank pump (while still running my inline aux pump) and convert to a return style fuel setup with FPR. .....all while still being stock bottom end. lol.
haven't gotten around to installing the heads yet, i've continued to order parts though. lol.
list of shit to be completed: PRC 2.5 heads LS7 lifters/trays ls9 headgaskets ARP headstuds larger trans cooler Aeromotive FPR - converting to a return style fuel setup racetronix 255 intank DW inline fuel filters larger BOV Front plate cut out for screen
Just a quick update, still haven't started working in the car. But I've also decided to pull the trans and send it in to get built further. Currently a level 2 performabuilt, going to have them take it to the next level. While that's out, I'm sending off my diff for a refresh, sending off my converter to be recut and restalled, and rebuilding my torque tube using solid couplers.
Sent off an oil sample to Blackstone and came back with good news. Still no signs of increased wear after installing larger blower and smaller pulley. So as it appears, the car is ready to be turned up.
Plan to get it dyno tuned next year, car should be at or around 800, I'd love to see an 850 out of it, but I won't be putting a max effort tune on it. I may pull the blower filter on the final run just to inflate the number , as people pick up an expedential amount of hp from doing so due to the intake design on it.
Just received my heads back from the shop. They were planed and inspected. A lot of the hardening is starting to flake from the valve tips so I've opted to replace them. Just ordered all new Manly valves to be installed.
after 3 months of just sitting, a little bit of time finally went into the car and dropped the rear out. while doing so, i found the reason my diff was leaking half of the year last season. lol. plan to swap the guts of my diff into a new housing, and going to go ahead and order a trans/diff brace also to try and help the next one from breaking. i contemplated swapping in a C6z diff and rear cradle, unfortunately i can't seem to find anything for sale at the moment.
rear end is back up in place. fuel pump installed, BOV installed, front plate cutout complete, FPR installed and currently finishing up the lines for the return fuel setup. once the fuel lines are complete, there isn't really much left to do, as that's a tedious process of laying out the place and then making all of the lines and fittings. Still needing to swap out the trans cooler and pull the factory heads to install lifters, arp studs, and cnc'd heads.
car is coming together now. fuel setup complete and started on the heads now. am installing new valves and springs in the prc heads, so it's taking a littler extra time. one side is complete, at least. lol also picked up a 4" pipe and am going to try to figure out a way to fit it on the blower. Dewitts makes a cut down radiator but they also think it's made of gold and charge $800 for it. we're going to see about lowering the radiator cradle or repositioning it to make the pipe fit.
She's close. Hoping to finish it up tomorrow. Still have to install new trans cooler, fill trans, cut out front bumper for license plate grill, install tow bracket, and then put hood and bumper back on.