Supercharged C5

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Traded the 335i a couple weeks back and picked up a 00 C5. It was to good of a deal not to, honestly. The Bmw had a rebuilt title, and booked for $9k with a clean title, so i could have probably sold it for around 6 or a tad higher. i traded the car plus $3k on my side.

Car is a 2000 C5, 112k miles, auto, A&A V3 supercharger kit, JBA headers, Magnaflow catback, summit racing balancer, BTR dual valve springs, plugs, msd wires, kenne belle boost a pump, all 4 stabilizer links new, glass targa top and painted top.

Car was dyno tuned in oct 2016 at 498whp at weaponX in OHIO but the car felt slow. drove it home and had my tuner pull the file and it's extremely low on timing so that has me worried, as to why they pulled so much timing out of it. best case scenario, they pulled a lot of timing just to be a safe daily and to save the trans (supposedly it's built, but no proof makes me assume it's stock) worst case scenario, the engine is hurt so they pulled a lot of timing to try and hide it, so i changed the oil tonight and am shipping off a sample to blackstone Labs.

Also, the owner in which i got the car from, paid a shop to install the new summit pulley, but the shop did not pin the pulley to the crank. the previous owner (not the guy i got it from) was the one that modded the car, and initially the pulley was pinned, but the shop did no re pin the new pulley, so now i've got to take care of that sometime soon. other than that, car doesn't have any major issues, speakers sound like shit, and i have to order a new wiper motor. overall, i think i came out like a bandit on the trade, since the SC kit alone cost almost what my car was worth.

sorry for the shit pics, working 2 jobs currently has me very limited for time.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Jealous! Good to hear you got some things figured out. The car has to be a riot.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Is the stripe painted on...?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks real Sweet!
:likes:

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
Reaction score
:bigthumb:
Leave the stripe, it doesn't look bad IMO and if it were mine I'd leave the stripe just to piss people off that have a problem with it!:jg:

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Remove stripe.
Cant believe I'm agreeing with mook (since he hates C7's :(), but the stripe does look goofy especially by the rear tail lights.

utryd2

Reaction score
Congrats. If you want to upgrade the suspension to c5z stuff let me know. I have shocks, springs, swaybars, end links and lowering bolts. They have about 33k on them.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
buying a modded car, definitely saves money, but it's proving to be a headache trying to figure everything out.

I had a friend log it for me, and it has 0 knock which is good, but with how low the timing is, i'd hope it wouldn't knock. lol. but we saw 11 lbs of boost which is high for the standard 3.8 pulley that comes with the kit. so i pop the hood and realize it actually has a 3.4 pulley on it. upon doing some research, it seems as if most people run race fuel or meth on a pulley that size. so now i need to figure out what size injectors i have (standard kit comes with 60lbs but options 80lbs but i don't know how to tell the difference between the two) and i need to figure out what kind of fuel pump im running. because people with that small of pulley are also deep into the 500 low 600 hp mark and running low 10's which this car definitely is not. i am going to install a wideband tomorrow and see what kind of fueling i have.

also, i received the results back from blackstone, and im kind of worried, lead was high, but i tried to find someone else sample to compare mine to theirs as blackstone is comparing it to a stock ls and not a boosted ls. they requested i send in another sample in a few thousand miles.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Did you buy the vette from a person or dealer? Seems odd the previous owner wouldn't know the injector size, tell you what pulley was on the car, etc.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
From how the CL add was worded the guy he bought it form bought it modded form someone else.

jason05gt

Reaction score
Go through and do cheapo maintenance stuff for piece of mind. At minimum throw in a new fuel filter, buy new colder plugs, and make sure they are properly gapped. You could get the injector cleaned and flow tested cheaply.

2QuikTA

Reaction score
This is why I won’t buy modded cars. I know it’s more expensive in the long run to buy stock and mod it myself, but stories like this or copperpots make it worth the extra. You just never know who did what and how well.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Did you buy the vette from a person or dealer? Seems odd the previous owner wouldn't know the injector size, tell you what pulley was on the car, etc.
as boostedguy said, the person i got the car from didn't do the work, and didn't seem to know shit about cars. i think he bought it just to say he had a supercharged corvette. i tried carfaxing to try and find previous owner (that did the work) but i couldn't come up with a name.

i have a plate number from when he dynod it, but don't know how to figure out owner from plate. also contacted weaponX hoping they would be able to go back and get me owners name but that also didn't work.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
You usually don't dick around getting your cars in order, so I'm sure you'll have it sorted out in no time. You'll have extra time to remove that stripe down the middle too. :s00ls:

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
You usually don't dick around getting your cars in order, so I'm sure you'll have it sorted out in no time. You'll have extra time to remove that stripe down the middle too. :s00ls:
:trump: f.u. and everyone else saying remove the stripe, it's staying just to piss people off now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom