Supercar Saturdays May 7

autowerks racing

Reaction score

New Location - The Arboretum of South Barrington

As you all know, Supercar Saturdays outgrew The Glen by June of last year. We filled up the entire main strip, side streets, and had people parking on every piece of pavement that wouldn't directly impede the flow of traffic.

The search for a venue was lengthy and complicated. While we found opportunities early on, it took us a while to find a "fit". We promised each other at the first Supercar Saturdays meeting that we wouldn't become just a parking lot car show. During our first two seasons we grew from 80 cars at The Glen to over 300, exceeding the number of available spaces (aside from the parking garages). Together with your help, Supercar Saturdays built up a following. One of classy, like-minded car owners who appreciated the aesthetically pleasing environment The Glen provided.

It was important to us that we find a venue that was beautiful. One that offered the same type of layout we've grown accustomed to: an easily navigable, aesthetically pleasing arrangement of cars as far as the eye can see, and even the ability for PhotoMotive to photograph those cars from above.

I am pleased to announce that we have found not only a venue, but a supportive one in the Arboretum of South Barrington. The Arboretum, located just off of I-90 a few miles west of 53, provides the picturesque setting we're used to while adding to it a significant amount of additional parking. They even have a central grassy area with a fountain that will be serviced by food vendors Pinstripes and L'Eiffel Bistrot. The management company at The Arboretum is excited about the event and looking forward to supporting us in every way possible so that we can continue to take the event to the next level. They have already been successful in getting some special offers put in place just for Supercar Saturdays participants including free bowling with lunch purchase at Pinstripes and adding Bloody Marry's named after Ron Durchin from Autowerks to the menu at L'Eiffel Bistrot. Several other special offers are still in the works and will be included in an email closer to the event.

Specific information on which entrance to use, where to park, etc will be provided in the RSVP Confirmation email that is sent out to all who RSVP a few days before the event.

2011 Event Dates

Supercar Saturdays encourages you to RSVP for each event you plan to attend. When you RSVP you'll gain access to the preferred parking area as well as receive critical updates about Weather and parking arrangements. Event registration will open at noon two weeks before each event and will be closed the Thursday night before at 9 PM (or whenever preferred parking is full). Click Here for more information about how to register!

Mark Your Calendar!
May 7th
June 4th
July 2nd
August 6th
September 3rd​

We look forward to seeing everyone on May 7th!

All the best,

Supercar Saturdays

KAR

Rip Riski
Reaction score
Tcg and FMS track day May 7th but yes I do see the other dates :bigthumb:

PANDA

Reaction score
I plan to make a few of these this year. I attended the last meet in the fall at Autowerks, it was a good turnout. What time do these start again?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm excited for the new location personally as its much closer. I'm sure I will attend a few this season. Thanks for the update, Ron!

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Ill definitely make it to a few this year.

autowerks racing

Reaction score
We have always held one thing true at Supercar Saturdays. If you love your car bring it. From a Ferrari to a Ford, all are welcome. I will be bringing the 69 camaro, supercharged raptor, gtr, fiat 500, 51 caddy, 58 impala, 88 Lm002 and a few others. Stop by and say hi.

Outlaw

Reaction score
LM002 :fy: I will be attempting to make a good amount of these this year, no more Alfa Romeo though :(

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
We have always held one thing true at Supercar Saturdays. If you love your car bring it. From a Ferrari to a Ford, all are welcome. I will be bringing the 69 camaro, supercharged raptor, gtr, fiat 500, 51 caddy, 58 impala, 88 Lm002 and a few others. Stop by and say hi.
And I will :nutz: over the Raptor

KAR

Rip Riski
Reaction score
Are bikes welcomed?? Either way I'll make it out to a few to drool over the cars I'll never be able to afford :rofl:

Outlaw

Reaction score
How about a 528rwhp raptor?

Yes guys, bikes are welcome. We do however ask that you respect our hosts. See the No Douchebaggery disclaimer on the SCS website
I think I saw that thing at the Tesla dealership on Grand ave a month or two ago. Looked awesome.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
I'll be bringing the GTR.

Malakaone

Reaction score
Turk you picked up a GTR? Guess not.

A 500+ rwhp raptor. I want!

Last edited:

KAR

Rip Riski
Reaction score
Swing over one time and I'll ride up with ya. 10 min from me
For sure once u figure out which date I can make it out there.

How about a 528rwhp raptor?

Yes guys, bikes are welcome. We do however ask that you respect our hosts. See the No Douchebaggery disclaimer on the SCS website
I was really hoping they actually had it titled "No Douchebaggery Disclaimer." But when it comes to things like this I can control myself and behave. I'm not one to sit there and rev and do burnouts through the parking lot where someone could get hurt if something went wrong.

But :nutz: 528rwhp raptor.

autowerks racing

Reaction score
said raptor.....12 hp more than hennesseys....The raptor featured on the US top gear will be here for some work in a few days. The owner agreed to a few trips down the 1320 against mine....That will make for some great video.

Tuning this thing was a bitch since it was the first 2011 that someone slapped a supercharger on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgCHbco9Bko

Malakaone

Reaction score
^^ that thing is awesome. Love to see more. Show the engine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom