Superbowl food

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm doing some chili this year. It's the one I won a contest with. Starts with Guy Fieris' Dragon's breath recipe.

Plenty of meat in it including chunks of Chuck, ground beef and Italian sausage. Lots of complexity with the ton of ingredients and flavors.

Reactions: ChrisRac

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Been thinking on this.

What I'd like to do is this:

• Dip for tortilla chips
  • White Castle style burger sliders
  • Chili
  • Brownies for my boys
I'm intrigued with doing pork ribs in the slow cooker too. If I did I'd make those instead of the little burgers.

But I also like wings.

Frustrated GIF

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
For the SB, I try to make food that can sit in a crock pot and stay warm for hours. Friends are making corn bread and a white bean dip to go with nacho chips. Maybe I do some grape jelly/chili sauce meatballs. Those are always good and it's easy to keep them warm for hours. I want to watch the game, not worry about food safety.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I made a new Avocado Ranch dip recipe from Malcolm Reed that was complete fire and the fiancé made buffalo chicken dip. I also did wings on the grill in both buffalo and dill pickle. We had a couple guests that cancelled so we had a lot of food. I ate like shit, had a couple beers and didn't sleep well at all. My stomach is all messed up today, bad news. Getting older sucks.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
We had 8 people cancel last minute, party of 4 the Wife got sick and they didnt want to risk it. 2 other parties of 2 canceled due to work shit or so they say.
So we had entirely too much food. Everyone took multiple plates home lol. Listing below what we had from what I remember lol.

Random chips, dips, salsas, homemade artichoke dip (was fire, my brother made it)
2-briskets (7lbs each iirc)
7-8lb pork shoulder
4lbs arracherra
crockpot full of chili
tray full of baked beans
tray full of homemade mac and cheese
Tray full of pasta salad
nachos that were topped with whatever you wanted from above

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info