Super Duty Sound System Upgrades

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
So, updating this. The 6.5 infinity woofers did not end up working well. They are physically too tall of a speaker above the mounting flange, so they make contact with the door panels when they hit. This is obviously not good for the speaker or sound quality.

I also had some wiring issues that were my fault. The window kept catching the extra wiring in door and ripping it out of the contacts. So I've been without front speakers since August. I've got a lot of seat time this week for a hunting trip, so I decided to fix that. I decided to go with something that crutchfield said would fit and is cheap, since it won't really matter without amping them.

Bought these 5.25" components.

IMG_20200111_171908426.jpg

They fit great and sound good. I just reused the infinity tweeters though.

IMG_20200111_170710128.jpg

6.5" is on the right...you can see there is some damage to the woofer from hitting the door panel.

Next up, finally get the sub installed, and I think I'm going to get a different head unit.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
I watch this guys channel a lot for audio advice, he reviews amps and speakers in a professional manner. There were some real surprises with amps. (cheap ones being good)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I did a lot of research on the Chinese head units. I think I'm going to stay away from them and go with a brand name HU. Lots of neat things you can do with the Chinese ones, but they are so hit and miss.

So I will probably just buy something with Android auto.

i have something out of my old truck with android auto, i dont know what it is worth or what youre looking to spend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info