Sunday Morning Cars & Coffee - 2020

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
I don't know why I should be surprised. It was too many new people from the other closed down C&Cs.

that would do it. have looked at the pictures, seen how big it was getting, it was just a matter of time.

would be cool to see it go back to its roots. coffee and a spirited cruze after. That being said, im bummed for you regulars. hopefully you will find a new place that will work for everyone.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
Now you guys know why it's been so hard for TCG to get something regular again.

But, let me see if I can get an official TCG C&C going since apparently we were never directly involved with this one..

TCG has always been a staple of C&C, why would you ever think that. hell we even had CNC shirts made up with the TCG logos and all. besides the FB page, this was the only other real place it was talked about. craziness

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
When your an adult now trying to have a civil car meet with other adults and the kids show up to raise hell like you used to do.

1595462057345.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So here is the problem as I see it. I can find a coffee spot, that really wont be terribly hard. I might even have one downtown Elgin WITH ample parking, but everyone always bitches about Elgin unfairly so I probably wont bother.

The problem, as I see it, is two parts. One, a TCG Sunday C&C means I need to be there every Sunday for probably the entire season....something that is not likely to happen. I would certainly try and show up to every one, but I know me and it just wouldnt happen. The second part, is we would absolutely need a "staff" to help manage this event. Having a staff would allow all or one or some of us to be there weekly. At least that way, we'd have someone watching over things weekly. I have a hard enough time getting people to show up to regular meets, so I think putting together a staff would be no easy task (maybe I'm wrong).

If we can put together a team that would COMMIT to managing and growing it, then I would commit to leading the team into the future.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Mook Mook you might be over thinking this whole thing. Why dont we try to wing it a little bit. Pick a spot like your elgin one and post it up for a sunday cars and coffee. See who shows up and how it turns out. Maybe that spot isnt right and we could try somewhere else the following week. As far as I know we never had a staff in 10+ years and it self regulated pretty well until just recently.

Reactions: Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Mook Mook you might be over thinking this whole thing. Why dont we try to wing it a little bit. Pick a spot like your elgin one and post it up for a sunday cars and coffee. See who shows up and how it turns out. Maybe that spot isnt right and we could try somewhere else the following week. As far as I know we never had a staff in 10+ years and it self regulated pretty well until just recently.
I do tend to overthink. I'm mostly looking at, if we're gonna do it, let's do it right. We might not need staff etc, early on but it also won't hurt to have people ready to help either.

I won't plan anything this weekend but I will check out the spot down by me to see what inside is like and how parking is next door on a a Sunday. It's a city lot so I need to make sure it's public parking, which it should be.

It's right down the street from EPD, which would be a good thing.

Thread Info