Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I believe that these is another coffee ship just south if that lot. Or did that one close?
There's Red Poppy Bistro but dunno if they serve drinks. Their menu shows food only. I reached out to them this morning asking.

Was gonna holler at the other one later this afternoon or over the weekend. Would give us two spots to support the lot.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
How about 2-3 spots and rotate weekly? The problem with a consistent spot is outsiders of TCG eventually see the pattern of nice cars gathering every Sunday morning. Eventually someone snaps a pic and posts it in the raging dumpster inferno Facebook group known as Chicagoland Petrolheads and Car Spotters. After that, it's a lost cause no matter how well you staff and organize.

Reactions: JimmyGT and Mook

Mpw60004

Jul 21, 2020
How about 2-3 spots and rotate weekly? The problem with a consistent spot is outsiders of TCG eventually see the pattern of nice cars gathering every Sunday morning. Eventually someone snaps a pic and posts it in the raging dumpster inferno Facebook group known as Chicagoland Petrolheads and Car Spotters. After that, it's a lost cause no matter how well you staff and organize.

We could always just stage a C&C in a few different pics at different coffee places and send them elsewhere...

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
So..
No more Coffee at Calibre?

Reading that made me thirsty

20200724_145118.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Poppys is IN and thrilled to host us. Going to work with him to get the OK from the city and ElginPD to meet up in the lot. Stay tuned!!

Thanks so much for reaching out to us on this. We are absolutely on board and would love to be a part of this.

We actually support a lot of other clubs with our food truck, and I love events like this. It’s fun and good for the city — and it is a great spot. A few weeks ago we had like 30 bikers pull off on their ride to Milwaukee and eat at the bistro. It was hysterical seeing all these big dudes, sitting around eating quiche.

We should be able to reasonably accommodate the influx — we have a lot of great items which are still delicious and upscale, but can be eaten walking around or peeps can still dine-in. We have a pretty fast kitchen and our menu is awesome.

I’m totally willing to coordinate with you on anything you guys might need, cross-promoting, whatever. We’re in.

Just let me know when you’re looking to start up or whatever we can help with. If you need any help with the city peeps, a la EPD, Parking Enforcement or permits, let me know. I may know who you want to speak to, or more importantly not speak to.

OmniGLH

Regular
Apr 24, 2013
Huntley
I don't post much on TCG but I am in the FB group. Damned shame this all fell apart - kudos to the guys willing to put a new location together. I attended when I could (usually depended on the wife's mood) - have the lowered silver Porsche Cayman :)

I wouldn't recommend posting anything about the new location in the FB group until that group gets weeded out or shut down and restarted anew. Or like kyesburrell above said. But the Facespace is moar convenient ;)

My buddy Mike owns a Ridler Window Tinting up in LITH - he came to a handful of the Calibre ones - said he'd be happy to host some guys on Sundays at the shop in an effort to try to help... but there's no coffee nearby. It'd just be a bunch of us standing around in the lot or in the shop.... figure that's probably not worth it.

If this Elgin place doesn't work out - do we really NEED prior permission? (Honest question, I've never tried to set up regular things like this) - if a core group of guys just so happen to meet every week for coffee at, say, a local Starbucks that has a big lot... has experience told you guys this is problematic?

IMO Calibre event seemed best when it was like 15-20 of us anyways. I'd rather be with a small group of good guys who "get it" then have a bunch of random gawking riff-raff around....

Reactions: JimmyGT and J-LO

Thread Info