Sunday Ice Cream Cruise #2

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
Had some people asking me about this wanting me to put it together again.

What: Sunday evening cruise to get some delicious ice cream

When: Sunday Sept 25, 2011
Meet at 4:30pm, leave at 5:00pm

Where: Start Naperville Portillos 1992 W. Jefferson, Naperville IL (Rt59 and Jefferson)
End: The Plush Horse 12301 South 86th Avenue, Palos Park, IL

I did one a few months ago and everyone had a blast. The route consists of mostly Industrial, frontage and forest preserve roads. So we shouldn't have to worry about getting seperated. There will be a limited number of stop signs and stop lights. It will be a little bit more of a faster ride (10-15over) and maybe open it up in some parts. It will be somewhat scenic so make sure you bring your cameras. The ride should be about an hour and 20 minutes long or so. I may do a quick stop at a forest preserve to do some pics. That is TBA.
Post up if you are in or have questions. I would like to get a headcount.

1. ThirdgenTa+1 or 2 Fbodies
2. Redevo58
3. Diva

Possible:
Bmoore
Tim-87 Grand National

Last edited:

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Reaction score
430 is evening?

wtf...

why is everyone on this site in bed by 9 o clock

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Many of us have mon-fri jobs that involve waking up at the ass-crack of dawn :-(

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
430 is evening?

wtf...

why is everyone on this site in bed by 9 o clock
There are a number of reasons I chose the time that I did.
Last time I did it at 7pm, but that was in the summer. I wanted to make sure that there wasn't too much traffic (even though most of the route we avoid it) and I wanted to make sure it wasn't completely dark out.
I chose 5pm this time because. A. It's after the bears game, B. It gets dark at about 7ish and the last stretch is going through forest preserve with blind curves. Don't know when a deer could be waiting on the other side. C. They changed their fall hours to 9pm.

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
Many of us have mon-fri jobs that involve waking up at the ass-crack of dawn :-(
Are you kidding me? You could be home by 8pm. I55/294 are right there. So when you leave it would be a breeze getting home

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Reaction score
you're not that old. you can still party all night.

There are a number of reasons I chose the time that I did.
Last time I did it at 7pm, but that was in the summer. I wanted to make sure that there wasn't too much traffic (even though most of the route we avoid it) and I wanted to make sure it wasn't completely dark out.
I chose 5pm this time because. A. It's after the bears game, B. It gets dark at about 7ish and the last stretch is going through forest preserve with blind curves. Don't know when a deer could be waiting on the other side. C. They changed their fall hours to 9pm.
i was just messin dude. its just anger because i work until 6 on sundays and i want to meet you hold hands and eat ice cream :-(

Are you kidding me? You could be home by 8pm. I55/294 are right there. So when you leave it would be a breeze getting home
dasfinker's comment was towards mee i think

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
They are calling for scattered T-storms all day on Sunday so I am moving this to the Sunday the 25th.. Same place and time.
So clear your schedules and invite your friends to enjoy an awesome cruise and yummy ice cream.

If I get enough TCG members show up I will plan out a couple of other different cruises before the end of the year.

divasixstar

Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can go!!!!!!! :bigthumb:

thank you mother nature, for once you are on my side. ice cream here i come, nom nom nom...

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
^^^^^ So what do you guys suggest?? Keep in mind the place closes at 9pm, whatever time the bears game ends and it's an hour and 20 minute cruise... Also the last part is all forest preserve.

Malakaone

Reaction score
Sorry to do this, but we are going to celebrate my 2 year olds birthday that day so I cannot commit.

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
If the Bears are down by 4 touchdowns at the half, then I'll make it. Otherwise watching the game... Rough scheduling conflict...

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
Exactly. I understand that the Bears are playing but I am not going to let the bears games get in the way of enjoying the last few weeks of nice weather. You can DVR it and watch them lose or listen to the end on the radio.
I already have a bunch of my friends going (a few f bodies and other muscle cars) and we are going to have a blast, regardless of whether or not people from here show up.
I have other cruises in mind, but like I have said before I may just keep them off the boards since all people on here want to do is complain about where, when what time or what else is going on that day. ANd then when I switch times or dates they don't show up anyway.

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
Oh yeah and Dan. I was thinking about doing part of the Fall cruise with some people. I wouldn't mind bringing a 10-15 cars, but don't feel comfortable with a huge group considering I am not all that familiar with the route.

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
I've typically had a better time with smaller groups, as it's more manageable, avoid too much attention, and you can interact and get to know people a bit better. Some of my favorite drives have been only 3-5 cars. Getting complaints about times, places, etc... can be a downer, but at least it's feedback. You don't need to make changes to suit everybody, since that's not possible in the first place anyway. People who want to attend and participate will find a way to do it, or look at joining the next time. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom