Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Thought about ignoring this thread.

Seems like we have to talk you off the ledge every few months.

I'd talk you off every day.

You need to realize you have created and mothered one of the biggest local forums and have been doing it for years.

We all love it.

I don't know what you want? Seems like for every 10 members that join, 1 or 2 actually stick around and post of value. Rest either photo dump their build, talk for a page, then peace.

Shits fire and I'm sure there is a rub spot on my phone screen from where I refresh this forum every few minutes to see what else has posted...

You can't please everyone, you've done wonders with keeping political shit on its side, you can't help it when others bring it outside of those areas just for a quick laugh(I'm guilty)
I'm not on any ledge. I'm motivated. Im hyped for the site. So I'm looking for feedback from you all. Trying to get the community involved. Is that wrong?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Keep in mind that it is sort of a balancing point we get more popular and any events we do are going to end up thrashed eventually. So there is sort of a thing as too much Fame?....

Aren't we due for a booth at World of Wheels? I wish to drag expo were around it probably wouldn't be that bad to throw a small Booth together?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Mook Mook

If you want to grow, maybe put together a quick business plan to help you think through what you're trying to achieve and how to get there.

I guess what are you trying to solve at the end of the day? Without knowing all the engagement metrics; Is your goal to get more people signed up? Is it to increase engagement? Get inactive members active again? Put together some ideas and I am sure we as a community can help ya.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Mook Mook I want TCG to be relevant as there is value here but I think we need to consider augmenting what TCG is from just being a forum. I think if you look at other industries they have benefited from doing things like becoming more media based companies and growing a following on Youtube, podcasting, twitter, facebook but all reference back to a home site which this is. So for example in the firearms world you have sites like thefirearmblog that has benefitted immensely from having a now huge youtube presence. Now they are known for the youtube channel as their primary focus with the blog being almost secondary.

How could we do that, I think maybe hosting things like vlogs, live streams, and podcasts with a reference back to the site here. It's a gateway to keep the site relevant or creating a jump off point to different technology if that means TCG becomes something different. We can talk about that offline but I want to help where I can. I think the GTR is something uniquely interesting to create content around and I'm willing to offer that to you if that means it helps grow traffic for the TCG brand. I'm sure in terms of interest it would be broad enough to capture part of the automotive enthusiast market. Granted the car isn't here to get camaras on but it's still content for those seeking information.

Reactions: frank

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Is there a blog section here?
A lot of the forums I've been apart of the main landing page is comprised of blog posts, for example: https://www.clublexus.com

It could be a place for unique build spotlights, meet recaps, general information ("Top 5 bolt-ons for your Hellcat" "How to boost your LS for under $1,500", ect. There is a ton of awesome information and builds on this forum, but they can get lost if you don't know where to look.

Blogs also help boost SEO quality and some choice keywords / titles could generate a lot of views from people searching on google.
This could also be done by multiple people (and should be really) so it wouldn't involve a ton of time or put more pressure just on Mook.

Reactions: Kizzlebizz
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info