Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Removing the ol "forums are dead" (they aren't) and young kids don't use forums (somewhat true)...how do we increase registrations for 2022?

Spend money on marketing via FB or IG?
Try and buy up other smaller midwest forums (if they exist)?
Reach out to social media "influencers" and have them sling TCG to their followers?

I'm open to ideas and even criticisms. This is my lazy Sunday. Lets talk.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Brands are using influencers. It’s the new marketing. Doesn’t Rich work for some big youtube dude??
Disappointed Colton Dunn GIF by Superstore

Reactions: IZZy and Outlaw

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Removing the ol "forums are dead" (they aren't) and young kids don't use forums (somewhat true)...how do we increase registrations for 2022?

Spend money on marketing via FB or IG?
Try and buy up other smaller midwest forums (if they exist)?
Reach out to social media "influencers" and have them sling TCG to their followers?

I'm open to ideas and even criticisms. This is my lazy Sunday. Lets talk.
What content on here IF you could even get them here would they be interested in?

Drifting, burnouts, cheap Japanese cars, not found here. Kids don't care about builds because they're lazy and won't ever do that. I wouldn't waste your time or money trying to get a younger crowd here, not until you can get rid of the older crowd that only talks about really boring old people shit.

Maybe try buying a large-ish 3800 forum?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
What content on here IF you could even get them here would they be interested in?

Drifting, burnouts, cheap Japanese cars, not found here. Kids don't care about builds because they're lazy and won't ever do that. I wouldn't waste your time or money trying to get a younger crowd here, not until you can get rid of the older crowd that only talks about really boring old people shit.

Maybe try buying a large-ish 3800 forum?
Does one even exist still? I've tried to get Mike to reply to me about ClubGP but ignored every time.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Honestly dont know. There might not even be any for all I know.

In my mind, we’re never going to compete with Facebook groups, but do we WANT to? I’m on them, and I have most of them set to not notify me of any stupidity. Personally, I don’t want bodies on here to occupy a space. I’d rather gain 10 interactive members a month over 100 idiots and pot stirrers. I’m not looking at it from the window of revenue generation, just as an active member.

A build now a days for most people is a 17.99% loan, windshield banner and wheels purchased with Affirm credit. The sloppy guys get it.

As far as local forums, I used to be on Chitown M. There’s a fair amount of BMW guys now, maybe reach out to them.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I'm not trying to compete with FB anymore...the groups are a joke and I'm content to let kids continue to ruin them.

At the end of the day I think far less people are actually building projects. Younger kids finance shit and put wheels on them. The older guys, even members on here sold off their builds for a new hellcat or Vette or just about anything else out there they can put a DR on and go beat their personal best their old ride did on its best day.

That’s not a dig at them in the slightest, just how the times change.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
TCG sponsors directing their customers to this site from their stores.

I was thinking that it would really elevate our events if sponsors got involved, had booths set up, and we had a swap meet concurrently.

If race days are limited to 100 participants, why not bring in more spectators with something else for them to do?

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
TCG sponsors directing their customers to this site from their stores.

I was thinking that it would really elevate our events if sponsors got involved, had booths set up, and we had a swap meet concurrently.

If race days are limited to 100 participants, why not bring in more spectators with something else for them to do?
Ive always been REALLY terrible about working more closely with our sponsors. Not to say that their participation hasnt been lacking either. Part of that is likely because I really don't put a monetary value on being a sponsor and it doesnt really "lock them in", if that makes sense.

Its also hard to maintain vendors because we do have such a wide variety of cars and owners.

Definitely a good post tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info