• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Summer wheels / tires for the 5.0

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The only issue with the Roush wheels is that they are HEAVY. Mine weigh a ton and they are only 18x10's.

One thing to consider is running the same size tires on all four. I run 275/40/18's NT-05's all around so I can get a little more life out of them by rotating them every season. These cars aren't necessarily light, so the added contact patch up front helps.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The only issue with the Roush wheels is that they are HEAVY. Mine weigh a ton and they are only 18x10's.

One thing to consider is running the same size tires on all four. I run 275/40/18's NT-05's all around so I can get a little more life out of them by rotating them every season. These cars aren't necessarily light, so the added contact patch up front helps.

My wheels & tires came in today. The box with the rears say 79# on the UPS label. ouch! haha

I wish Steeda made the "Ultra Lite 2" for the S197 cars. I like those wheels and they were pretty light. The 20" 5 spoke for our cars is not that attractive looking. But pretty light.

Unfortunately you are dealing with 19" wheels and that shit is not going to be cheap, wheels or tires for that matter. If you do go cheap you are going to get a look that everybody else has or some heavy ass/gay wheels.

I am pretty sure I saw some 18" wheels that fit the Brembo brakes. I am sure there are not to many though. Good thing even a 20" wheel looks good on this body style.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My wheels & tires came in today. The box with the rears say 79# on the UPS label. ouch! haha

I wish Steeda made the "Ultra Lite 2" for the S197 cars. I like those wheels and they were pretty light. The 20" 5 spoke for our cars is not that attractive looking. But pretty light.

FAT PIGS!!!

I am pretty sure I saw some 18" wheels that fit the Brembo brakes. I am sure there are not to many though. Good thing even a 20" wheel looks good on this body style.

The Weld RT-S wheels that I showed earlier in the thread are 18's. They are bad ass, but about $600+ a wheel.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
FAT PIGS!!!

The Weld RT-S wheels that I showed earlier in the thread are 18's. They are bad ass, but about $600+ a wheel.

1. Yes they are. But should look good on the car. Ford OE wheels with about 500 miles on them.

IMAG0612-1.jpg

2. The Weld RT-S were one I though about too. But for the amazing deal I got on the GT500 wheels & tires I could not even bought 3 of the RT-S wheels. :rollpicard: I will stick with the GT500 for now. Eventually I will look into a lighter set of wheels. Maybe.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Those are the old Goodyear F1's. You should burn them up and put a good sticky tire on there or you won't catch me in the twistiez.

correct. They will be fine for a while. I will not be able to put them to the limit for a while. With it being a new car and never have road raced before I have a long way till I will be a track terror. haha

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
correct. They will be fine for a while. I will not be able to put them to the limit for a while. With it being a new car and never have road raced before I have a long way till I will be a track terror. haha

I am going to try to get out to Autobahn once or twice this year. Now that I have a DD, I can beat on my car.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I am going to try to get out to Autobahn once or twice this year. Now that I have a DD, I can beat on my car.

Are you saying I shouldn't race my new DD? It is ok, I have the other street car to drive to work. lmfao

I want to try a few of the autocross events that they have at the Rosemont and such. To get some seat time so I can learn about the car and that style of racing. Should be a good year.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Are you saying I shouldn't race my new DD? It is ok, I have the other street car to drive to work. lmfao

I want to try a few of the autocross events that they have at the Rosemont and such. To get some seat time so I can learn about the car and that style of racing. Should be a good year.

The Mustang isn't your DD. I know you weren't driving that thing in the snow. My Mustang was out 365 days a year for almost 6 years.....4 of which being boosed.

I'm not sure about the drop, but I like the style of the wheels:

wheels-2.jpg

I think with the tints, this car can pull of black wheels... thoughts? Looked over the wheels w/Sarah last night and she too thought she'd prefer black over the polished aluminum.

These look a lot like the VMR's I have on my car now. Breyton also makes this style of wheel but they are $1200/set...

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Dear Eagle,
Please buy a multi spoke wheel like you originally posted, I think the TSWs would look real nice too. Every one puts a multi spoke wheel on the new Mustangs because they look fucking awesome and the car pulls it off. The 5 spoke wheels just don't look as nice on the new body style.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info