• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Summer wheels / tires for the 5.0

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I don't know about that style of wheel that was posted in the first post. It seems like a majority of black wheels on cars these days are that style. Most of the 5.0s that I have seen with aftermarket wheels have a very similar style to that wheel...It does look nice, but it is already played out to me. I am just about over the black wheel deal. Polished would look kinda strange on that yellow IMO opinion though. Really yellow, red, and blue cars are the only cars that still look good with black wheels, so go for it? :dunno:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
black05upsaleens_lg.jpg

7 spokes actually

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/proddetail.asp?prod=05UPBLK7SPOKESALEENS20X10&cat=375 cheap too.

175 for 20x10 165 for 20x9

b18c02d393_640.jpg

5037828594_91928c1c55.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

4383778906_7a19d6603c_z.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
My problem with the majority of the wheels being posted is that they have no depth. The wheels almost look 2 dimensional.

Ya, I think the 45mm offset they require really effect the depth you can get with out a goofy U shaped wheel.

And those wheels are very popular with the 5.0 crowd. That is what the majority of cars you see on forums running. Luckily you don't see tooo many 2010-12 GTs running around here.

Wheels make or break a ride. So important. haha I struggled with wheels for weeks now. Came across a smoking deal I couldn't pass up last night. So no more wasting hours a day searching for wheels online. lmfao!!

Check out Tirerack and discounttire as you can search wheels by car. The 2010+ mustang actually has a TON of wheel options available to them. The Brembo brakes limit them some. But still a lot of options.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yes they do have the Roush cast into them on one spoke. My buddy had them on his car for years. I never even noticed the "Roush" on them. I actually asked him what brand they were one time and he looked at me like I was an idiot. Ya....sure......he was right. But that was besides the point. lmao

They are a killer looking wheel. And the have a quality 'white' chrome on them. A lot of the reproduction wheels use a crap chrome plating. I had real Ford chrome Pony wheels on my 86 a while back. A friend bragged how she saved so much money on her repro wheels. One day she was parked next to me and she started to cry. Her wheels looked yellow compared to mine. With chrome you defiantly get what you pay for.

But Chrome on a yellow car over black or silver in my opinion. And I hate polished wheels that are not clear coated. They are a P.I.T.A. to keep looking nice. Like polish them twice a week and they still never look as good as when they did new. Chrome you can wipe clean with windex if you wanted to and they look great. Just say'n. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info