• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Summer tire/wheels 2012 edition

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
So when is everyone puts their combo back on? I know its early for a lot of people, and the weather is gorgeous and will change still.

I may put mine on Friday or this weekend :jg: I would like to get a few more winters out of the snow tires before I tear them to shreds :rofl:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Im gonna be ordering some ET Streets after vacation and some 10.5 cobra knockoffs to run over the summer. Gonna keep the Nittos on for the upcoming power tour tho...Id just blow thru the mickeys :rofl:

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I put the wheels on my summer can and took it off jack stands. Does that count? :dunno:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
The GTO had summer tires when I bought it three weeks ago. Looks like I'll be able to stretch them through the summer :fy:

Stink Star Productions

You never had it so good!
Reaction score
I DID MAKE A POINT TO TALLY IT UP THIS SEASON THOUGH. I ONLY COUNTED COMMUTES, I.E. IF IT WAS SNOWY IN THE MORNING BUT NOT EVENING I COUNT IT AS ONE COMMUTE, IF IT WAS SNOWY THERE AND BACK IT WAS 2 COMMUTES AND SO ON. ONLY 6 COMMUTES THIS YEAR.... IM GLAD I DIDNT BUY $900 WORTH OF TIRES AND INSTEAD JUST SLOWED DOWN INSTEAD.

I ALSO DROVE THE SCOOTER TO WORK AT LEAST ONCE EVERY MONTH DURING THE WINTER

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
You know they're winter tires right? Did you tally up total mileage you drove when it was under 32*? I bet I drove more in a week

Stink Star Productions

Reaction score
NO I DIDNT, BUT WHY WOULD I BE CONCERNED AT THE OUTSIDE TEMP? I CAN HOLD OFF DRIVING LIKE AN F1 DRIVER IF I THINK THE TIRES/ROAD IS TOO COLD FOR OPTIMAL GRIP. SUMMER TIRES DONT TURN INTO HARD PLASTIC WHEN ITS COLD OUTSIDE

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
My point is let's see you drive more then 5 miles at a time on a cold winter day.

Stink Star Productions

Reaction score
ON A RIDICULOUS SNOWY DAY I ADMIT, I WOULD JUST GO HOME AND CHILL THERE BUT ON REGULAR COLD DAYS HAVE NEVER BOTHERED ME. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH JUST COLD/MOIST ROADS. I MEAN YES, I DO WORK CLOSE TO WHERE I LIVE BUT MY FRIENDS DONT SO I STILL HAD SEVERAL LONG DRIVES WHEN IT WAS WELL BELOW 32.

jprophecy

Reaction score
I just got done putting the Nittos on the rear.....Im going to save whats left of the mickeys for the track.....Going to have to order new ones soon though.

radioguy6

Reaction score
I put mine on last saturday :fy:. New set of Extreme Contact DW's, and they are awesome. I'd rather not put the extra wear on my winter set with these 70 degree temps. I know it will inevitably snow again but ohhhh well. Winter can go fuck itself now.

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
Have to dismount my summer set to have the rims sand blasted and powder coated as they have some curb rash and I'm looking to go with a silver that has more POP. Probably going to have them on mid April.

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Reaction score
I need to buy 2 new tires for my rims, so maybe next week.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Im going to resist the urge to buy rims for the bimmer, and put my summer tires back onto the stock wheels.

Prevent

ilikemtb999 is my friend
Reaction score
NO I DIDNT, BUT WHY WOULD I BE CONCERNED AT THE OUTSIDE TEMP? I CAN HOLD OFF DRIVING LIKE AN F1 DRIVER IF I THINK THE TIRES/ROAD IS TOO COLD FOR OPTIMAL GRIP. SUMMER TIRES DONT TURN INTO HARD PLASTIC WHEN ITS COLD OUTSIDE
Uh... yes they do

real summer tires turn hard and lose almost ALL traction property about them....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom