🔧 BUILD Sukh’s 2017 BMW X5 Build

General Information

Hey friends,

Figured I’d follow along and make a brief build thread for my 2017 N55 X5. It was purchased as a bone stock XLine pack car on 12/16/20 with 20k miles and currently sits at 64k.

Modifications:
Engine:
- Mosselman N55 Turbocharger
- Funk Motorsport Turbo and Manifold Blankets
- Turner Motorsports Carbon Intake Pipe
- FTP Motorsports Turbo Inlet
- VRSF Downpipe and FMIC
- Turner Motorsports Oil Catch Can
- GoFastBits DV+
- Zeitronix ECA2 CANBUS Flexfuel kit
- Custom Full Flexfuel tune via MHD
- Custom ZF8 TCU Tune from Sutphin Tuning

Cosmetic:
- M Sport Fender Arches
- Full Chrome Delete
- OEM M Performance Front Grilles
- Maxton Design Rear Spoiler

Interior:
- OEM M Performance Carbon Dash
- Coby Wheel Two Tone M Sport Steering Wheel
- PedalHaus Pedals and Heel Plate
- Uniden R7/BlendMount

Misc:
- BC Racing Coilovers with Swift Springs
- SPC Adjustable Rear Camber Arms
- Brembo 6 piston Front/4 piston Rear BBK

The car was tuned on full flex on the stock turbo setup which was the first X5 to do so, and the same methodology applies here. Ran a 3.94 to 60 and 12.18 in the 1/4 and the goal on the new setup is to cut a 3.7x and 11.7x to match a stock Jeep Trackhawk/Lambo Urus. Remainder of the calibration taking place at Performance Eurowerks at the end of June, who happen to be close with the owner of the shop in Kansas City that built my car.

I’m sure I’m leaving out tons but that’s the bulk of it for now. A couple photos from the day after purchase after some spacers and small things and now, big change!

Since we just moved up here, I’m going to pause the mods for a month or two to build out my first ever garage for my car so I’ll be sure to add photos of that too. But the next focus is cosmetics so if you have body shop recs to paint and install some M Sport Flares and Rockers I’m open to suggestions !

IMG_2642.jpeg

IMG_0821.jpeg

DSC_9189.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Oh I like that. Looks like they make one for my car............

I don't know if i like the idea of giving up a center vent tho. I need that :ROFLMAO: Thats why I like how the P3 at least fills up the vent at the side of the dash which is pretty much useless anyways

Reactions: sukhk527
About a year ago I hit up Dan at BimmerHausPerformance to see if he'd be willing to build a front mount intake for the N55 F15 like he had for the F10. I annoyed him enough into having a customer come in and be able to prototype it. I ordered and ended up sitting on it for a while because of life things. Once I did get around to getting it installed, we learned I needed a slightly bigger inlet because of the hybrid Mosselman turbo so Dan had to make a new part and send it to me. While doing that, he also revised the MAF housing and sent me a new revision.

Now that its installed, I've confirmed through data logs that AFR's and fuel trims remain stable unlike some AFE intakes on the market that cause lean codes. Waste gate duty cycle seems to have reduced an additional five percent over my previous setup when hitting 16psi on 93 octane. Will continue to test higher boost levels once I get some ethanol back in the tank.

Overall, very happy with the results so far, more testing to come. Highly recommend this product.

Also added a titanium flex fuel badge because details.
BMW X5 - Intake-1.jpeg
BMW X5 - Intake-2.jpeg
BMW X5 - Intake-4.jpeg

Attachments

• BMW X5 - Intake-3.jpeg
    BMW X5 - Intake-3.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 2

sukhk527

Regular
Apr 28, 2023
Oswego,IL
4/7/24

drove 91 miles to the track, ran a pb of 11.756 in the 1/4, and drove it home without a complaint. oh and the meth wasn’t even on, there was over 1/2 tank of E71 and we can still shed another 150ish lbs. I know micro records are dumb but fastest N55 SUV has a good ring to it 😇.

and I learned I can get this thing to roast all 4 through the top of second if the prep isn’t good 😂.
DSC_2236.jpeg
DSC_2239.jpeg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Old School Reaction GIF

back in the day, when a large group of us had 4th gen Fbodies, my one friend was adamant about staying on a 17" drag radial.
He wanted to drive to the track, run the car and drive home.

other guys had jacks and 15" slicks etc. It's nice when the vehicle can do it all.
+1 for it being so clean !

Awesome Dj GIF by Northwest Motorsport

sukhk527

Regular
Apr 28, 2023
Oswego,IL
that's seriously so awesome nice work
Thanks man! I’m super happy with how this thing is performing right now, heading back out this Friday night to start really chasing it down on this setup.
Old School Reaction GIF

back in the day, when a large group of us had 4th gen Fbodies, my one friend was adamant about staying on a 17" drag radial.
He wanted to drive to the track, run the car and drive home.

other guys had jacks and 15" slicks etc. It's nice when the vehicle can do it all.
+1 for it being so clean !

Awesome Dj GIF by Northwest Motorsport
Always clean thanks to my OCD! Thanks as always pal!

Thread Info