🔧 BUILD Sukh’s 2017 BMW X5 Build

General Information

Hey friends,

Figured I’d follow along and make a brief build thread for my 2017 N55 X5. It was purchased as a bone stock XLine pack car on 12/16/20 with 20k miles and currently sits at 64k.

Modifications:
Engine:
- Mosselman N55 Turbocharger
- Funk Motorsport Turbo and Manifold Blankets
- Turner Motorsports Carbon Intake Pipe
- FTP Motorsports Turbo Inlet
- VRSF Downpipe and FMIC
- Turner Motorsports Oil Catch Can
- GoFastBits DV+
- Zeitronix ECA2 CANBUS Flexfuel kit
- Custom Full Flexfuel tune via MHD
- Custom ZF8 TCU Tune from Sutphin Tuning

Cosmetic:
- M Sport Fender Arches
- Full Chrome Delete
- OEM M Performance Front Grilles
- Maxton Design Rear Spoiler

Interior:
- OEM M Performance Carbon Dash
- Coby Wheel Two Tone M Sport Steering Wheel
- PedalHaus Pedals and Heel Plate
- Uniden R7/BlendMount

Misc:
- BC Racing Coilovers with Swift Springs
- SPC Adjustable Rear Camber Arms
- Brembo 6 piston Front/4 piston Rear BBK

The car was tuned on full flex on the stock turbo setup which was the first X5 to do so, and the same methodology applies here. Ran a 3.94 to 60 and 12.18 in the 1/4 and the goal on the new setup is to cut a 3.7x and 11.7x to match a stock Jeep Trackhawk/Lambo Urus. Remainder of the calibration taking place at Performance Eurowerks at the end of June, who happen to be close with the owner of the shop in Kansas City that built my car.

I’m sure I’m leaving out tons but that’s the bulk of it for now. A couple photos from the day after purchase after some spacers and small things and now, big change!

Since we just moved up here, I’m going to pause the mods for a month or two to build out my first ever garage for my car so I’ll be sure to add photos of that too. But the next focus is cosmetics so if you have body shop recs to paint and install some M Sport Flares and Rockers I’m open to suggestions !

IMG_2642.jpeg

IMG_0821.jpeg

DSC_9189.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg
Shoutout to the homies at Performance Eurowerks for executing on my vision perfectly. Methanol system is installed and active, just need to cycle through my tank of 93 , add the ethanol and start dialing it in on the street. Details as follows:

- Snow Performance Stage 2.5 kit with VC50 Controller
- ProMeth Injection 3 gallon tank flush mounted under the cargo floor.
- AN Lines from back to front
- 10gph single nozzle in the charge pipe
- Boost Juice for cooling

Since I’ve learned you can’t just add meth for cooling and not touch the calibration, we’re increasing boost target to 25psi with the fueling adjustments so the next step is a 3.5” catback and shortening the intake tract to reduce wastegate duty cycle.

Very excited about this step.

DSC_6918.jpeg

DSC_6915.jpeg

DSC_6909.jpeg

DSC_6922.jpeg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Awesome.

You can run straight water as that is where the most of the cooling effect comes from. But the added meth is nice if the fuel system is close to being maxed out.

Make sure the tune has safety features in it should the system not spray for some reason. As that can be disastrous. I've seen people lose motors because of the system not working as it should. Meth/water injection is great. It's been around for a several decades. But when it stops working is the problem.

sukhk527

Regular
Apr 28, 2023
Oswego,IL
Awesome.

You can run straight water as that is where the most of the cooling effect comes from. But the added meth is nice if the fuel system is close to being maxed out.

Make sure the tune has safety features in it should the system not spray for some reason. As that can be disastrous.
We’ve actually got more fuel system than turbo again so a bigger turbo is being researched. Hoping for a full frame kit this time to make it scalable.

But noted for sure on the tune, we actually are adding the safety to kick it into limp mode if the meth stops spraying.

sukhk527

Regular
Apr 28, 2023
Oswego,IL
Badass set up man, I will be running nearly the same set up in my S7 . Local guy makes a kit so its on my list of parts. Only con Ive heard of it is one guy had his meth kit inject when the vehicle was off and effectively hydrolocked his motor. That kinda scared me but im sure its a one off or user error.
I appreciate it dude, credit goes to the guys at PE for putting it together so cleanly. And to the safety end, I’m so OCD I plan on shutting off injection on the controller every time I turn off the car just to be safe. :ROFLMAO:

• Care
Reactions: willsmysticcobra
Starting the new year with a little cosmetic fix. Rear emblem was struggling so I found a lot of 3D printed badges in the OEM style. Liking this.

DSC_1782.jpeg

DSC_1791.jpeg

DSC_1793.jpeg

DSC_1786.jpeg

DSC_1785.jpeg
Installed a digital vent gauge by VisiCan EU, the first in an F chassis X5. No P3 offerings so they were willing to work with me to prototype something. I’m digging it.
DSC_1803-2.jpeg
DSC_1813.jpeg

Thread Info