🔧 BUILD Sukh’s 2017 BMW X5 Build

General Information

Hey friends,

Figured I’d follow along and make a brief build thread for my 2017 N55 X5. It was purchased as a bone stock XLine pack car on 12/16/20 with 20k miles and currently sits at 64k.

Modifications:
Engine:
- Mosselman N55 Turbocharger
- Funk Motorsport Turbo and Manifold Blankets
- Turner Motorsports Carbon Intake Pipe
- FTP Motorsports Turbo Inlet
- VRSF Downpipe and FMIC
- Turner Motorsports Oil Catch Can
- GoFastBits DV+
- Zeitronix ECA2 CANBUS Flexfuel kit
- Custom Full Flexfuel tune via MHD
- Custom ZF8 TCU Tune from Sutphin Tuning

Cosmetic:
- M Sport Fender Arches
- Full Chrome Delete
- OEM M Performance Front Grilles
- Maxton Design Rear Spoiler

Interior:
- OEM M Performance Carbon Dash
- Coby Wheel Two Tone M Sport Steering Wheel
- PedalHaus Pedals and Heel Plate
- Uniden R7/BlendMount

Misc:
- BC Racing Coilovers with Swift Springs
- SPC Adjustable Rear Camber Arms
- Brembo 6 piston Front/4 piston Rear BBK

The car was tuned on full flex on the stock turbo setup which was the first X5 to do so, and the same methodology applies here. Ran a 3.94 to 60 and 12.18 in the 1/4 and the goal on the new setup is to cut a 3.7x and 11.7x to match a stock Jeep Trackhawk/Lambo Urus. Remainder of the calibration taking place at Performance Eurowerks at the end of June, who happen to be close with the owner of the shop in Kansas City that built my car.

I’m sure I’m leaving out tons but that’s the bulk of it for now. A couple photos from the day after purchase after some spacers and small things and now, big change!

Since we just moved up here, I’m going to pause the mods for a month or two to build out my first ever garage for my car so I’ll be sure to add photos of that too. But the next focus is cosmetics so if you have body shop recs to paint and install some M Sport Flares and Rockers I’m open to suggestions !

IMG_2642.jpeg

IMG_0821.jpeg

DSC_9189.jpeg

IMG_3647.jpeg

sukhk527

Regular
Apr 28, 2023
Oswego,IL
Nice! What about the front driveshaft?
Front was upgraded last month along with some good gearbox fluid and full drivetrain service for the coming season.
IMG_0135.jpeg

You're going balls out and I love it.
Trying to make sure I can still drive it to and from the track lol.

Thread Info