Subscription

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I wondered if that was the same. Darn. I wish it would keep me "watching" even when I don't post anything. Thanks
What do you mean? That is what it does.

If you post, it will automatically "Watch" a thread for you.

If you go into a thread and click "Watch", it will act as though you posted and you will get updates.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Well I wouldn't say "not check" because I actively ignore the push notifications by swiping them away. (Google Pixel 2). After doing that a few times it goes to "unwatched". It's kinda like it assumes I don't care anymore which is actually true in most cases. Lol

I just went a thread I started watching a few months ago and it says I'm still watching, so I'm not worried about it anymore. I don't need to be notified every time somebody updates the COVID-19 thread.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Well I wouldn't say "not check" because I actively ignore the push notifications by swiping them away. (Google Pixel 2). After doing that a few times it goes to "unwatched". It's kinda like it assumes I don't care anymore which is actually true in most cases. Lol

I just went a thread I started watching a few months ago and it says I'm still watching, so I'm not worried about it anymore. I don't need to be notified every time somebody updates the COVID-19 thread.
interesting. Ill try testing this out today. I havent noticed that

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Even weirder... I still have the eyeball, but I haven't been notified about this thread in over a week.
1.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Right, but I haven't entered the thread either. I'm not getting alerts (the bell in the corner) nor push notifications on my phone. I just have the eyeball on the thread. lol
Push notifications won't work if you're on ios.
Unwatch the thread and then watch it again. I'm not seeing any errors on the admin side. And my push notifications are working fine, as are alerts.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Push notifications won't work if you're on ios.
Unwatch the thread and then watch it again. I'm not seeing any errors on the admin side. And my push notifications are working fine, as are alerts.

This happens to me too...like the Bored Thread will drop off my alerts, even if I haven't checked the notification. I still get the "like" and "quote" notifications, but the new content notifications drop after awhile, so threads I'm sub'd to, won't show new activity, but I go into them, and there's new posts. But then I'll get notifications of random threads from months and months ago that suddenly have new posts.

Reactions: v6buicks

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
If you visit a thread that has a notification, it will clear the notification... Even if you didn't click it. It's now Xen works. If you want to actually activate the specific notification, you need to click it... Otherwise, if you visit the bored thread very often, you won't see notifications all that much.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what's being said..

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Kensington Kensington gets it. I wasn't concerned about the notifications going away because I clicked on them. What's happening is that the notifications are no longer showing up at all. I can't speak for everyone, but I no longer care about this "issue". I'm only noticing it happen on threads that I legitimately no longer wish to watch even though I hadn't clicked "unwatch". The reason is because a thread that I was watching just got bumped after being dormant for months and I was notified about it.

I put "issue" in quotes because I'm guessing that this is by design. If you stop opening the thread despite getting pinged for it a bunch of times it will eventually stop notifying you. However, as soon as you open the thread again, notifications will start up again. If that's the case, I like it. I just don't want to miss stuff in build threads.

Thread Info