Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So I've mentioned this in the past and have always shot the idea down in my head...but now that I'm 100% refocused on trying to keep TCG going as long as possible, I also have to start treating this more like a job. I've put some advertising on the site (but its basically for guests only) and am starting to ramp up apparel a bit to make some side scratch there. All of that leads me to this thread...subscriptions. Before I continue, I want you ALL to know that I am not at all asking for handouts. I know times are tough for most and I'm not asking you to prop up my shitty life with your hard earned dollars lol. Besides that, many of you have graciously donated to the site in the past (and 100% of those donations went right back into the site, I never pocket the money). With that out of the way...

If you guys would like to support TCG and my time spent maintaining, promoting and keeping the site running as problem free as possible, I would be HUGELY thankful. I've set the subscription to $5 a month, which you can of course cancel at any time. I'm not looking for a set number of subscribers or a set amount. Anything is awesome. Full honesty, any subscriptions would be going right into my pocket but would also be flowing right back to the site in the form of add-ons, custom work, hosting, etc etc etc.

Now you might be asking yourself (and rightfully so) - "why would I subscribe? are you changing anything for those that do?" The answer to that is no, I wont be changing anything. I've always felt that the site should be open for everyone, with nothing locked behind a paywall or advertising. Sure, I could turn off things like image attachments, the ability to PM, things like that, but why? Why would I cripple site functionality for those that want to keep their money? I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to hold on to cash month over month, even $5. If you want to support the site and me, awesome. If you don't want to toss out money, I absolutely understand and I'm not gonna treat anyone differently.

I love all you guys (no homo, but maybe a little homo). If you want to support, click the button below.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
So I've mentioned this in the past and have always shot the idea down in my head...but now that I'm 100% refocused on trying to keep TCG going as long as possible, I also have to start treating this more like a job. I've put some advertising on the site (but its basically for guests only) and am starting to ramp up apparel a bit to make some side scratch there. All of that leads me to this thread...subscriptions. Before I continue, I want you ALL to know that I am not at all asking for handouts. I know times are tough for most and I'm not asking you to prop up my shitty life with your hard earned dollars lol. Besides that, many of you have graciously donated to the site in the past (and 100% of those donations went right back into the site, I never pocket the money). With that out of the way...

If you guys would like to support TCG and my time spent maintaining, promoting and keeping the site running as problem free as possible, I would be HUGELY thankful. I've set the subscription to $5 a month, which you can of course cancel at any time. I'm not looking for a set number of subscribers or a set amount. Anything is awesome. Full honesty, any subscriptions would be going right into my pocket but would also be flowing right back to the site in the form of add-ons, custom work, hosting, etc etc etc.

Now you might be asking yourself (and rightfully so) - "why would I subscribe? are you changing anything for those that do?" The answer to that is no, I wont be changing anything. I've always felt that the site should be open for everyone, with nothing locked behind a paywall or advertising. Sure, I could turn off things like image attachments, the ability to PM, things like that, but why? Why would I cripple site functionality for those that want to keep their money? I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to hold on to cash month over month, even $5. If you want to support the site and me, awesome. If you don't want to toss out money, I absolutely understand and I'm not gonna treat anyone differently.

So ya...I feel slightly embarrassed making this thread but I've spent almost 13 years not making much at all off this site, so why not try when its on its way out :rofl: I love all you guys. If you want to support, click the button below.

View attachment 56389
You should make a one year option available at a discounted rate. Id be down :p

• Wow
Reactions: SleeperLS and Mook
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info