đź“° Auto News Subaru WRX WAGON officially returns!

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
But not for the USA... :( And only with a CVT...:sick::rolleyes: I guess I'll keep my Stinger for awhile longer.

wrx wagon.png

Subaru hasn't officially sold a wagon version of its popular WRX since 2014. Sure, the Levorg, a wagon version of the Impreza with WRX power, has been available in overseas markets since 2016, but it's just not the same. Now, a real, actual WRX wagon has finally returned... but not for America.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a38591172/2022-subaru-wrx-plastic-fender-flares/
Subaru held its launch for the new WRX in Australia today, and revealed it will be offering a "Sportswagon" version of the WRX alongside the sedan. Essentially a rebranded Levorg, it gets all that car's body panels paired with the WRX's fascia. The most interesting bit? That controversial fender cladding found on the WRX sedan has been dropped. It's a great-looking car with a more cohesive design that we're really into. It's a real shame this car won't be sold here in the U.S.

Underneath the skin the WRX wagon gets the same kit you'd find in the sedan. That means a 2.4-liter turbocharged boxer-four sending 271 hp to all four wheels via Subaru's Symmetrical AWD system. A six-speed manual is available on the sedan, though the only choice of transmission available on the wagon is the new "Subaru Performance Transmission," which is just a fancy name for the WRX's updated CVT.

So if you're holding out on your next car purchase in the hopes Subaru might bring the WRX wagon to the U.S., give up now. A Subaru USA spokesperson confirmed to Road & Track via email there are no plans to bring the WRX wagon to the U.S. at this time. Sorry longroof fans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info