Stupid mice in the car

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
So I've had a mouse problem in the T/A. There are droppings all over when I take it out on the weekends so finally I bought some traps from Home Depot. The traps are like little igloos. I set them last night with some peanut butter bait, one in the hatch and one in the passenger floor.

This morning I go to look at the traps and I see one of the them reset itself to the off position. As I reset the trap, a mouse leisurely walks out of the trap, looks around and the disappears into the speaker panel. God damnit :picard: The trap clearly says "KILLS MICE" Apparently not.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was curious if the car was still having mice problems. I know Tom had problems while it was being stored. But I figured since you were driving it a bit more, maybe they left and/or fell out.

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I miss having a terrier that would strike fear into any small animals that ventured into our yard. We never had problems with rabbits eating the garden or mice in the garage with our old dog.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
One of the winters my car was stored a mouse somehow got a piece of dog food into the chambers under my hood. its been there for like 8 years, you can hear it rolling around when opening and closing the hood. it really bothers me.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ask Ryan if you can borrow Jerkface for a week. Just put a liter box in your trunk, and let him stay in there for a few days. Problem solved...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
a mouse leisurely walks out of the trap, looks around and the disappears into the speaker panel. God damnit :picard:
Sticky traps w/peanut butter, placed on top of cardboard. :bigthumb: Keeps the traps off the carpet and the mouse wont walk away.

If that trap DOES kill the mouse... now he's gonna die somewhere in your car...

AWESOME! :roflpicard:

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have a few ideas. If the traps don't work and just leave the animal alive, I'll take it out to the forest behind our house. Otherwise I have a few humane ideas to catch them.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Reaction score
Bounce dryer sheets spead out on the floors and seats is suppose to keep mice away.
Also Peppermint oil, not the kind used in candy, will send them on their way. You can buy the peppermint oil at a health food store. Put the peppermint oil on rags or cotton balls and then just place them where you want them. No harm to anyone and the mice don't like them. (and the interior will smell like peppermint)

If the car is in a garage, put peanut butter on a foam plate then put a ring of Dave's Insanity Sauce (available at Dominick's) on the edge of the plate. It gets onto their paws then into the mouth and eyes. Some mice will die and some will run screaming and blind from the garage. Friend uses this method in his basement every fall with great success. Caution: Some mice will scream in agony for many minutes so some folks do not condone this method.

Some mice can get out of traps. Had a glue trap on an apartment once. Woke up in the morning and found one with a trail of hair thru it. The mouse was able to get out by pulling himself thru and leaving his hair. We did catch him the hext night as he had no hair on his belly and got stuck.

Mr Baytchos

Reaction score
why not just use a good ole fashioned mouse trap with the snap bar of death?

plud you should prolly start taking apet those panels...you prolyl have a mouse house in there somewhere

skeezer

Reaction score
We used the old fashioned ones in the basement at my folks house. Kills them dead.

PANDA

Reaction score
What worries me more than the mouse living inside the car, is what he leaves behind. I hope you catch him, that would drive me crazy.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
What worries me more than the mouse living inside the car, is what he leaves behind. I hope you catch him, that would drive me crazy.
agreed. they can start causing some issues if they are in the dash

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Time to do some gnarly figure 8s in the car. Shake the fuck outta that mouse.

James

Reaction score
Find someone that will let you borrow a snake!

E

Reaction score
I can let you have the shop cat for a week. She catches field mice like crazy.

Smoke

Reaction score
Jeez, hopefully its just one.That bites.

James

Reaction score
If there is an outbreak of mice flu in Illinois we'll know who patient zero is. :p

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This morning I go to look at the traps and I see one of the them reset itself to the off position. As I reset the trap, a mouse leisurely walks out of the trap, looks around and the disappears into the speaker panel. God damnit :picard: The trap clearly says "KILLS MICE" Apparently not.
:bowrofl: He was probably glad to have a snack and a cozy igloo to nap in.

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Trapped two of the fuckers last night :booty:

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I left paper in the car as a sacrificial precaution. They definitely chewed up the paper, hopefully not anything else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom