• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Stupid car won't start....Part 2

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
yep...that'll keep 'er from startin. Sorry to see the carnage but I doubt going lean will cause a rod to break like that. Lean conditions ussually break stuff from severe detonation. What's the plan now?

thats what happens when the motor hydraulics and you try and fire it with fuel filled in the cylinder... thats not a result of the car running, but attempting to crank the motor when the fuel has no where to go... the question is, why was the motor flooding with fuel?

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Yeah it made a small noise when I tried to start it the third time when I was at the hardware store. That must have been it. Well any way I got the injectors tested and where perfect. My injectors were not that old any way. I know it was not the frps because I replaced to be safe. the bap was fine. I pulled the tank to check out the pumps and everything was fine. so why the hell did the car decide to keep pouring fuel into the engine and blow it up? I don't think there is any thing else I can check with the fuel system to see why this happened. Right?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Yeah it made a small noise when I tried to start it the third time when I was at the hardware store. That must have been it. Well any way I got the injectors tested and where perfect. My injectors were not that old any way. I know it was not the frps because I replaced to be safe. the bap was fine. I pulled the tank to check out the pumps and everything was fine. so why the hell did the car decide to keep pouring fuel into the engine and blow it up? I don't think there is any thing else I can check with the fuel system to see why this happened. Right?

Could be an electrical issue that caused an injector to stay open.

PNSH3R

Regular
Mar 7, 2008
Damn dude. Sorry to see that. But, now that you are at it might as well hone out the block a bit more (just a .020 over to clean it all up) and put in some new pistons and rods. That should make it bulletproof for >800whp :)
ANd since you are dumping that much fuel into it - looks like you can supoort it no problem. lol j/k
Best of luck on the rebuild.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005

somehow an inj got stuff open... dunno how or why... that is the only way the fuel could get into the motor that i can think of... something in the computer must have been telling it to stay open. OR............ remember these injectors fire off of a GROUND... possible that the inj harness was pinched and grounding the injector?

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
The grounds were one of the first things I checked out. Took me forever to trace some of them. All were in perfect condition. No open wires, pinch wires, loose connections any where, the entire harness was fine. The car ran when I drove it to the hardware store and when I came out this shit. It's like the computer changed it's mind. So why would my computer do this?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info