Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Shit, when I get a phone call while i am sleeping and wake up to see who it is:

giphy.gif

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
A few other guys have said it already but I gotta.
My wife is a saint. She works hard, makes great money, cooks, cleans and runs the inside of the house.
Fucks on the regular and doesn't bitch at me for buying shit or the various car projects.
I attribute this mostly to her chill personality and the fact that I haven't wavered over the course of our relationship on my expectations. Be a good partner and I'll be one back.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Currently happening as I type this...

Her: “Hey! Are you busy?”

Me: “I’m at Menards. Currently trying to remember everything on the list of stuff I need to get” Essentially “yes” but in more words lol.

Her: Proceeds to tell me a story while hysterically laughing to the point I can’t even follow the story for 17 minutes and counting.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Wifey is terrible at story telling. All build up that has nothing to do with the actual story. Get to the fucking point.

GF’s the same. I’ve never met someone who could take so much time to explain so little, and then when you ask a follow-up question or for some context you just get “nevermind” or “I wish you’d pay attention”

But then when I tell/explain something I get told to speed it up because she’s losing interest.

K

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Seems that the "hot/crazy matrix" video would apply here.

And seconded on the phone thing. The g/f is on her phone ALL the time, usually some crap facebook, youtube, or conspiracy theory right-wing bullshit. On our trip back from FL we stopped at my dad's in southeastern KY. The trip back was about 7 1/2 hours. Once she got cell signal her nose was in her phone the rest of the way home, so a good 6 1/2 - 7 hours. Not even when I stopped for gas did she put it down. If I pick up the phone and scroll through this site for five minutes I get a look of suspicion.

Other thing about her phone is she keeps the brightness cranked up. If I am driving at night, I don't want the fucking bat-symbol glaring in my peripheral vision. Same at night going to bed. All the lights are off and her phone is lighting up the room like White Castle at 3am.

This!!!!!!!!

Tells me I am on my phone to much. (I literally use my phone for some Facebook and mostly youtube). However when the kid goes to bed she’s glued to her phone from the time she sits on the couch until she goes to sleep.

K. Saint Hypocrite

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Seems that the "hot/crazy matrix" video would apply here.

I've told many of my buddies some wisdom an old timer passed to me at a young age.
Marry someone you like to spend time with, not someone to show off on your arm for the first 10-15 years. In the end we are all old fat and ugly.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The phone stuff gets annoying. She gets bored on her drive to/from work and calls to chit chat. NBD, but I hate talking on the phone, and then by the time she actually gets home I know all about her day and vice versa.

Then proceeds to tell me we don’t talk a lot anymore lol. Well, if you’d just put some music on going to and from work we’d have a solid hour plus of conversation to be had in person.

I’m bad on my phone and so is she. I have no IG or any social aside from Facebook for marketplace and I still average 8-9 hours/day of screen time (albeit half of that is YouTube playing a podcast I’m not actually viewing). I’m constantly replying to marketplace messages and emails and checking auctions and she’s on TikTok or whatever the fuck.

She also likes to talk, I’m one of those people where I won’t say a damn thing unless it needs to be said.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
The phone stuff gets annoying. She gets bored on her drive to/from work and calls to chit chat. NBD, but I hate talking on the phone, and then by the time she actually gets home I know all about her day and vice versa.

Then proceeds to tell me we don’t talk a lot anymore lol. Well, if you’d just put some music on going to and from work we’d have a solid hour plus of conversation to be had in person.
One good thing about Covid and her WFH now is that I don't get those calls driving anymore.

Last one, I made sure when we bought her current vehicle it had GPS + Navigation because whenever she leaves the house if it isn't to work or her family's'' house I get this call every time.

"Where am I?" how the fuck should I know. What road are you on? "I don't know" What direction are you going? "I don't know" Jesus you've lived here your whole life. I'll finally get her situated and tell her how to get home and she then starts off on her rambling while she is driving telling me about what happened in the last 2 hours that I haven't seen her. She also misses all the turns/exits or whatever I gave her to get home so we end up having to through this whole process 2-3 times before her car hits the driveway.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

I’m bad on my phone and so is she. I have no IG or any social aside from Facebook for marketplace and I still average 8-9 hours/day of screen time (albeit half of that is YouTube playing a podcast I’m not actually viewing). I’m constantly replying to marketplace messages and emails and checking auctions and she’s on TikTok or whatever the fuck.

She also likes to talk, I’m one of those people where I won’t say a damn thing unless it needs to be said.

My wife is incapable of driving and listening to music/radio for the most part. She has to be on the phone talking to her someone, usually it's one of 3 people her mom, sister or brother. I generally this is a female thing, as 99% of the ones on the road I saw are holding a phone to their face (it's 2022 and almost every car made in the last 15 years has BLUETOOTH, so that, you know, you can do things handsfree) talking.

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
One good thing about Covid and her WFH now is that I don't get those calls driving anymore.

Last one, I made sure when we bought her current vehicle it had GPS + Navigation because whenever she leaves the house if it isn't to work or her family's'' house I get this call every time.

"Where am I?" how the fuck should I know. What road are you on? "I don't know" What direction are you going? "I don't know" Jesus you've lived here your whole life. I'll finally get her situated and tell her how to get home and she then starts off on her rambling while she is driving telling me about what happened in the last 2 hours that I haven't seen her. She also misses all the turns/exits or whatever I gave her to get home so we end up having to through this whole process 2-3 times before her car hits the driveway.

I've gotten my wife used to doing the "Share My Location" on Apple Maps via CarPlay, also the Find My app is good for that as well.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Funny story, when we turned on 'Find my iphone' then she could see my location.

One time I went out to pick up a car part and she asked me why I drove to a suburban city. Me being me, I told her that's where my new girlfiriend lives.
I pull those kind of shens all the time. I'm glad my wife has a sense of humor.

Carl@Redline

El Experto De Transmiciones
TCG Sponsor
Oct 21, 2019
Batavia
Real Name
Carl
So, mine does this thing...completely irritating...wherein she either via nostrils and/or mouth, takes in fresh oxygen for her body to process into life-giving qualities like blood flow, and at times thoughts/opinions. I really wish she'd stop doing that. Its gotten quite tiresome.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Funny story, when we turned on 'Find my iphone' then she could see my location.

One time I went out to pick up a car part and she asked me why I drove to a suburban city. Me being me, I told her that's where my new girlfiriend lives.
My friend’s soon-to-be ex-husband suggested that they use that feature.

When he was coming home later and later at night, and not being a supportive father to their infant, she started to check to see where he was.

Strip clubs, and he was unemployed for getting a DUI while driving a commercial truck.

So he’s spending her money on pot, booze, and strippers while she’s taking care of their son.

She didn’t tell him for a while, just made screen captures and kept records.

When things finally blew up and he threatened her she pulled out those little nuggets of information. Burned him bad, and rightly so.

Can’t believe he was that dumb, to be the one that suggested it and then go and do stuff that could be used against him. ?

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
My friend’s soon-to-be ex-husband suggested that they use that feature.

When he was coming home later and later at night, and not being a supportive father to their infant, she started to check to see where he was.

Strip clubs, and he was unemployed for getting a DUI while driving a commercial truck.

So he’s spending her money on pot, booze, and strippers while she’s taking care of their son.

She didn’t tell him for a while, just made screen captures and kept records.

When things finally blew up and he threatened her she pulled out those little nuggets of information. Burned him bad, and rightly so.

Can’t believe he was that dumb, to be the one that suggested it and then go and do stuff that could be used against him. ?
HA! sucks to suck!

Reactions: Jon01

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX

This. All of this right here. "Why don't we talk anymore?" BECAUSE you blew your conversation wad on your way home.

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Wife can be on social media all day both work and personal, I’m on my phone for like 10mins and it’s a issue. Issue is that wife put her phone down for that 10 minutes lol
That's one of our issues too. When I'm making an attempt to stay off my phone, she's on it non stop and I get irritated lol

Reactions: frank

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

This made me think of another. Cardinal fucking directions. Women have absolutely zero idea of the direction they're going.

"Stop telling me east and west and north and south. Just tell me left or right!"

No, if you're facing south which is left.

"East...?"

Okay, if you're facing north, which is left?

"...East?"

:roflpicard:

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
We've been together for 20 years so we've learned how not to fight all the time, and 95% of the time it's great. But we get worked up on some stuff, but both of us try not to let stuff turn into a big argument.

I think one sign is a good relationship, at least for me lol, is I get my way most of the time. And she does too. We don't for the most part shit on the other person's idea or desired purchase, though I've wanted a third car but I don't want it so bad I want to battle on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info