Stuff your wife/gf does that drives you nuts

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I've gotten much more laid back with the stuff that used to irritate me, and realize it's not the "end of the world" and not worth me getting all stressed about it. I can certainly relate to plenty of stuff on these posts, though. I'm not perfect, she's not perfect, but together we're a good combination.

This. It for damn sure isnt my ugly mug or bald ass head that keeps her around.

Both incredibly stubborn but damn she makes up for it with reliability! Holy Hell. Think about it Ive got over 18 years in the military now and Ive been married for 17 of them. Not to mention 6 deployments and 2 kids.

I will 100% admit my wife deserves way more than I offer sometimes.

She works from home and we do see eye to eye on most things. If its a fight its petty like moving furniture 3848583626 times a month.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I could ramble on, and really I should have shut this shit show down a long time ago. But using an example from just the past few minutes:

Washing something (hands, dishes, etc.) She splashes and leaves more water on the counter than she uses to wash whatever she is washing. It doesn't help she only knows two positions on the faucet, closed and FULL OPEN.

"I WILL CLEAN IT UP WHEN I AM DONE. STOP WIPING UP AS I GO!".

Here's a fucking idea, how about being a little more conscientious and not make such a huge fucking mess in the first place, so you don't have to go back and clean it up, creating more work? Meanwhile, can you maybe wipe down the front of the cabinet (or vanity) since the puddles you're creating are now running down to the floor?

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I’ll offer to go through clutter together once… give it a few days then stuff gets tossed. At least if I put her stuff in a pile it’ll get overwhelming for her and she takes care of it. Also we had my parents over for pizza tonight, and I came down from sleeping all day to a spotless kitchen. Weird.
I try to lead by example, like I'll do clothes purge again sometime soon, where I get rid of stuff that's pretty much old and that does not have any sentimental value.

Really she's great except for the clutter issue. Weird thing is she's situationally organized but not about stuff around the house. We just came back from a week in AZ/UT and I really put thought into what I was buying there as a bring back, so I only got a branded Grand Canyon water bottle and a book about the history of Zion National Park. I stopped buying t-shirts because honestly I don't like wearing them lol.

Reactions: frank and DanJ

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I am going to laugh my dick off when one of y'alls broad's finds this open on one of your f****** tabs and reads this s*** and then shares it with all of her friends. You guys should probably see about just in casing the entire thread in the spoilers format to hide it or just delete it so that none of you guys get castrated

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I am going to laugh my dick off when one of y'alls broad's finds this open on one of your f****** tabs and reads this s*** and then shares it with all of her friends. You guys should probably see about just in casing the entire thread in the spoilers format to hide it or just delete it so that none of you guys get castrated

Good maybe they will change. I’m sure they talk worse about the men so don’t worry.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
This thread is making me self conscious, because I do a lot of this stuff. ?

I'm only a couple months in so I don't have a ton of room to preach. However, we also lived together for 5 years before tying the knot. A lot of the little things things that "annoy" me are super easy for me to put up with. The fact that I'm always the one to empty the nasty bathroom garbage cans really doesn't bother me since she does ALL the cooking and 95% of the cleaning. Picking long strands of hair out of my pants is a small price to pay when you aren't the one doing the laundry. Needing to take a few hours out of my weekend to go fight with her mom and play bingo with her grandpa is probably a lot easier for me than spending an entire weekend with my family is for her.

I don't like that she's constantly reorganizing my desk because it has led to late bill payments a couple times. A couple pieces of paper aren't ruining our home and they'll be in the shredder TODAY if you leave them alone! On the other hand, if you put them in a pile I'm less likely to see them, and I am much more likely to forget about them.

My biggest gripe that I'm still trying to work on is phone usage. I'm trying hard to pry myself off of facebook and instagram, but it's a pretty hard habit to crack when you're bored or actually getting people to buy your stuff. Meanwhile, my wife has very little intention of leaving any of this stuff. We can't go anywhere without her making a post about it or taking selfies. She will spend half the time typing what she's doing or taking a picture, and the other half actually doing it. FUCK THAT. We're HERE. If you're on vacation, be on vacation. If you're at a bar, drink and talk to people. If you're going bowling, bowl. Leave all that other bullshit behind you. A couple weeks ago we went to out favorite brewery, and I stared at her just typing about the brewery for about 3/4 of our first drink. I finally put my hand over her phone and told her to put it away. She pouted for a minute, but luckily realized pretty quickly that she was being rude.

Reactions: Jon01 and IZZy

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
That’s another one^ women obsessed with their phones, we have lost so much human interaction thanks to these social media apps and their instant gratification.
Wife can be on social media all day both work and personal, I’m on my phone for like 10mins and it’s a issue. Issue is that wife put her phone down for that 10 minutes lol

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Whew, thought I was the only one who went a bit nutz on some of these things.

Leaving dishes in the sink, the damn dishwasher is right next to it.... WTF?
I do 95% of the cooking and our rule is if you cook the other does the dishes. As someone else here stated when she cooks every god damn dish/utensil gets used. Yet when I cook I try to minimize the dishes for her and she still bitches about how many dishes there are. My response is always the same, fine you cook then. Case closed every time but still aggravates the shit out of me.
UPS/FEDEx/Amazon are at my house almost every damn day. My wife buys shit constantly, 95% of it gets' returned. I don't understand this, why buy something you didn't need or want only to have to run to the store or post office or whatever to return the damn thing. I usually end up having to do the returns because I usually run the errands. Just recently I've refused to do them anymore.
Can't send the wife to the store, if there was 10 items on the list she would come back with 30 items and half of what we needed was missed. I'm a typical guy, go to the store get what's on the list and GTFO.
My wife doesn't know how to break down a box, if I'm in a mood and don't do it she will eventually just throw it in the garage so I have to break it down. (She knows how to work my OCD)
The "We need to do this" line. What this means is I will be doing it. Like "We need to re-arrange the bedroom for the millionth fucking time" Yup that means I'm busting my back moving all the furniture. Only to have that same line thrown at me 2 months later.
The whole this is a man's job comment but will blow her stack if I ever say this is a woman's job comment. Sorry hon you can't have it both ways..
My wife pays the bills, our finances are together. I never know exactly how much she spends and I honestly don't care. IF the bills are paid in full and we put money into savings NFG. I do get pissed when I have to spend money on a tool or car part or just anything I want and she questions it. I spent $300 on something last month and it's a drop in the bucket but I had to explain what it was for and why it was needed and I still get the look.. yes you know the one I'm talking about. Yet If I pulled up the credit cards for all the shit that shipped to the house I guaranfuckingtee there's over 1k there. We have money don't bust my balls about what I buy because you wouldn't buy it. I certaintely don't bitch when another set of shoes shows up to add to the shoe store collection in this house.
The garage is my domain none of her shit gets stored in there, this has been known since before we started living together. Yet somehow she sneaks shit into the garage and it never leaves. I still catch flack about something I threw out 2 years ago that sat in the garage for over 5 years.

These last two sets me off the most,
"we need to declutter this house". See lines 3, 4, 6. Granted she knows its all her shit but don't complain to me about it and don't throw a hissy fit when I won't help.
She'll ask me how to do something or how something works etc. I'll explain it to her and she'll tell me that's wrong or I don't think that's how that works. Yet a month will go by and she'll tell me she talked to a family member or friend and they told her the same thing. WTF if you won't believe what I tell you then don't fucking ask me. I mean some of these things are stupid simple that you could google right off your phone...

Now that's mostly a bunch of nitpicking bullshit, I know the list from her about me would be way worse. My wife does a lot, she works hard both at the job and at home. None of these items are dealbreakers and based on some of the crazies I used to date my wife is an angel.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Seems that the "hot/crazy matrix" video would apply here.

And seconded on the phone thing. The g/f is on her phone ALL the time, usually some crap facebook, youtube, or conspiracy theory right-wing bullshit. On our trip back from FL we stopped at my dad's in southeastern KY. The trip back was about 7 1/2 hours. Once she got cell signal her nose was in her phone the rest of the way home, so a good 6 1/2 - 7 hours. Not even when I stopped for gas did she put it down. If I pick up the phone and scroll through this site for five minutes I get a look of suspicion.

Other thing about her phone is she keeps the brightness cranked up. If I am driving at night, I don't want the fucking bat-symbol glaring in my peripheral vision. Same at night going to bed. All the lights are off and her phone is lighting up the room like White Castle at 3am.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Seems that the "hot/crazy matrix" video would apply here.

And seconded on the phone thing. The g/f is on her phone ALL the time, usually some crap facebook, youtube, or conspiracy theory right-wing bullshit. On our trip back from FL we stopped at my dad's in southeastern KY. The trip back was about 7 1/2 hours. Once she got cell signal her nose was in her phone the rest of the way home, so a good 6 1/2 - 7 hours. Not even when I stopped for gas did she put it down. If I pick up the phone and scroll through this site for five minutes I get a look of suspicion.

Other thing about her phone is she keep the brightness cranked up. If I am driving at night, I don't want the fucking bat-symbol glaring in my peripheral vision. Same at night going to bed. All the lights are off and her phone is lighting up the room like White Castle at 3am.
DUUUUUUDE. The brightness fucking kills me! When I go to bed, I close my eyes and go to sleep. She sits there and stares at the fucking sun through her phone for a couple hours first and randomly blinds me through my eyelids. "DO YOU FUCKING MIND?!" I've even shown her how to adjust the blue light filter for both of our sakes. Mine is on all the time and it's so nice on my eyes. During the day I can't even tell the difference. Her phone was back to helmetless stick welding brightness the next night. I don't get it.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Women mistake the garbage disposal for a garbage can, then wonders why the piping in the house clogs.

Volumes of pasta, bread, paper towels, cereal, etc. should not go down the disposal.

Also, leaves the lights on in every room. Likes to keep ComEd in business was.

Ive never seen my brother so livid then when he asked me to borrow a drain snake because his wife put a bowl of rice down the garbage disposal, just turned into a paste and plugged up everything. :bowrofl:

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Yes the phone at night going to bed thing omg she made me feel like I was an abusive husband for asking to put the phone down and go to sleep, plus the worst thing you can do to your eyes and your circadian rhythm is stare at the phone on full brightness in the dark right before bed, let’s tell your body that it’s time to wake up rather than time to go to bed.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Yes the phone at night going to bed thing omg she made me feel like I was an abusive husband for asking to put the phone down and go to sleep, plus the worst thing you can do to your eyes and your circadian rhythm is stare at the phone on full brightness in the dark right before bed, let’s tell your body that it’s time to wake up rather than time to go to bed.
Preach GIF

My wife tries to tell me all the time that it's not proven or it's untrue even though multiple actual doctors have told me otherwise. I've slept so much better since putting my phone away before bed. Telling her that she needs to listen to the real doctors is a delicate process though. She tried to get into PA and med school but wasn't accepted. ?. It's still a bit fresh.

Reactions: IZZy

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Preach GIF

My wife tries to tell me all the time that it's not proven or it's untrue even though multiple actual doctors have told me otherwise. I've slept so much better since putting my phone away before bed. Telling her that she needs to listen to the real doctors is a delicate process though. She tried to get into PA and med school but wasn't accepted. ?. It's still a bit fresh.
Tell her come on to TCG we know all!

Just hide this thread lol

• Haha
Reactions: v6buicks
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info