• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Stroker N/A LT-5 does 218.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Displacements using the stock crank are pretty reasonable for the power they put out.

I remember back in the early 2000's a stroker crank for a 415" was like $6k from Jerry Crews, I believe. I know a few more are out there now. Not that long ago I remember seeing a 500" custom motor being done by NRE. I believe that included a custom billet block as well. They were shooting for 900hp I believe.

I think it is a great motor. A buddy has one going in a third gen camaro that he plans to put twin turbos on. But not many shops even have a deck plate for a LT5 to bore and hone one correctly. There is a added cost to build those motors just because of their limited production. But they do make power. I was trying to talk him into the ASE big bore sleeves for his motor. Hopefully he pulls the trigger soon and gets the engine build going.

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
I remember back in the early 2000's a stroker crank for a 415" was like $6k from Jerry Crews, I believe. I know a few more are out there now. Not that long ago I remember seeing a 500" custom motor being done by NRE. I believe that included a custom billet block as well. They were shooting for 900hp I believe.

I think it is a great motor. A buddy has one going in a third gen camaro that he plans to put twin turbos on. But not many shops even have a deck plate for a LT5 to bore and hone one correctly. There is a added cost to build those motors just because of their limited production. But they do make power. I was trying to talk him into the ASE big bore sleeves for his motor. Hopefully he pulls the trigger soon and gets the engine build going.

PR,

We have a very active ZR-1 community here in Chicago. Members in our group have engine configs from the stock 5.7L up to 7.2L. Several of them are using the AES closed deck approach with very good success. Really helps when dealing w the stroke involved. There are several turbo installations on the
LT-5 as well, one of which was done on a 3rdGen Camaro.
So if your friend needs help, point him our way. With the limited production of the LT-5, any performance enhancements for this platform are pretty much DIY. Nelson has shown a billet based block but we've never seen that used w the LT-5 cylinder heads.
And then once you've done all that, there's tuning the car. Needless to say, most tuners aside from Callaway and Lingenfelter have never seen an LT-5.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
PR,

We have a very active ZR-1 community here in Chicago. Members in our group have engine configs from the stock 5.7L up to 7.2L. Several of them are using the AES closed deck approach with very good success. Really helps when dealing w the stroke involved. There are several turbo installations on the
LT-5 as well, one of which was done on a 3rdGen Camaro.
So if your friend needs help, point him our way. With the limited production of the LT-5, any performance enhancements for this platform are pretty much DIY. Nelson has shown a billet based block but we've never seen that used w the LT-5 cylinder heads.
And then once you've done all that, there's tuning the car. Needless to say, most tuners aside from Callaway and Lingenfelter have never seen an LT-5.

cool. I am sure any help would be appreciated by him. Who do you work for?

I know he will run a stand alone EFI. Too many benefits not to. I am sure it will just take some work to make sure the sensors all work with the system. Most stand alone systems are easy to configure as long as you know the sensor voltage changes for their function.

I did a quick search and this article show the engine. I am no expert on the LT5. I have only checked his out a couple of times in the wrecked corvette he bought. But the article says this is a 500" billet LT5 they were working on.

It sure looks pretty. As well as pretty expensive! haha But how else are you gonna move the bore spacing? lol

NRE-11.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info