Street Outlaws: Murica’s List

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Looks like they will be coming to Chitown.
3e0a476f358a285d64d4bc067a6c1224.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Thought I would resurrect this thread. I faithfully watch every week. They just announced a new show starting in January called fastest in America. Teams from different cities race on the street for $100k. Looks pretty cool!

if you hate Street outlaws, please just post elsewhere. I get it... not all of you like fast cars and hot women.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I guess some people still watch those fake staged races
Obviously, they keep making new seasons and spin offs. If the rating were that bad they would have axed them a long time ago. It actually is real racing at a track right now with points for big cash. Team Texas has won the past two years so there is nothing “given” to the OKC racers

Reactions: LikeABauce302

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I'd rather watch the ones filmed at the track. The name of the show no longer really applies to the original show itself. In the beginning they'd go out and make test hits on the street and race where it wasn't even a slightly controlled environment, while (legitimately?) dodging the police. Now they film it on a closed street with all the lighting and rigging set up, and do their "test hits" on a rented drag strip. So not really a "Street Outlaw" anymore, are they? They even say they have to be out of the area by a certain time or they get in trouble by the business/land owners, which has prevented some races from even taken place.

They need to drop the interviews too. It's pretty obvious that they've recorded some well after the race has taken place and they're explaining what they will need to do (future tense) to win.

I would like to know what they do, or did, to afford some of the support vehicles they show up in.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The show was always on a closed street. It was legit way back when 1320 would film their small races and cash days.

Everything done for the show had a permit. Lol you think it was a legit street race? Everyone’s faces were shown, names said, in car footage. All of them would have been in jail.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The show was always on a closed street. It was legit way back when 1320 would film their small races and cash days.

Everything done for the show had a permit. Lol you think it was a legit street race? Everyone’s faces were shown, names said, in car footage. All of them would have been in jail.
Kind of my point, at least they initially tried to maintain the illusion there was something defiant going on. That quickly evaporated once they saw the money rolling in. They could change their name to "industrial park racers" but it doesn't have the same ring to it, lol.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The original Street Outlaws has a lot of drama. And the Farm Truck & Asian segments were pretty bad. Even though I like Farm Truck as he is a nice guy. Even when they made the rules to force people to race they found ways to jack each other around. There should be enough with the racing to fill the spot. When you need drama to fill the spot it should signal the end is near.

No Prep Kings has been fun. I am not a fan of this new team strategy. Call out should be for real grudge races. For pride or to shut someone up. Not to call out your lame-duck buddy to get an easy round. Then the rest can draw from the bucket. No Prep is interesting enough to not have to worry about scripting any drama. It would be cool to see more about the cars and combos. They can pick like 3 or 4 cars per episode. Use that for filler versus scripted drama.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Kind of my point, at least they initially tried to maintain the illusion there was something defiant going on. That quickly evaporated once they saw the money rolling in. They could change their name to "industrial park racers" but it doesn't have the same ring to it, lol.

Bottom line, the street is the equalizer to the races. Not the cops or moving spot to spot. Closed street or not, the races are challenging enough to make it from the starting line to the finish line.

And it's still one of the few shows about racing on TV. So why nitpick it? Watch it and enjoy it for what it is.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
this is so much better than real nhra racing to watch, maybe because we have gotten to know all the players. I enjoyed it, though i agree with team new orleans, taking the freebee pass in the last race shouldnt be allowed. last race of year should be bucket draw only

First off there is no rule against the call fake call out so why not take the free pass? Second why did team NOLA do the same thing? they also teamed up with team Texas now that was BS just so team 405 wouldn’t win. Third ain’t nobody beating the fireball that night he was putting car lengths on the competition.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
First off there is no rule against the call fake call out so why not take the free pass? Second why did team NOLA do the same thing? they also teamed up with team Texas now that was BS just so team 405 wouldn’t win. Third ain’t nobody beating the fireball that night he was putting car lengths on the competition.
i understand why he did it, and having lost the last 2 seasons in the final race, it makes sense. that being said id still toss that rule for next year for the last race. at least he had to beat 2 of the nola crew to win the last race of the year. and i agree he was moving out.

where did stinky pinky get all his speed from though LOL.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

It was a 100k on the line u and I know Nola would have done the sane thing if they had the lead like fire ball did.

Reactions: wolfe
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info