Drag to reposition cover

Street Outlaws: No Prep Kings Official Thread

OP
GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks like they will be coming to Chitown.

OP
GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thought I would resurrect this thread. I faithfully watch every week. They just announced a new show starting in January called fastest in America. Teams from different cities race on the street for $100k. Looks pretty cool!

if you hate Street outlaws, please just post elsewhere. I get it... not all of you like fast cars and hot women.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I guess some people still watch those fake staged races

OP
GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
I guess some people still watch those fake staged races
Obviously, they keep making new seasons and spin offs. If the rating were that bad they would have axed them a long time ago. It actually is real racing at a track right now with points for big cash. Team Texas has won the past two years so there is nothing “given” to the OKC racers

lastls1

Reaction score
I don’t think the races have ever been staged as far as the out comes, however I will tell you when you are watching the normal show, some of the races you see were not filmed the same night or even the same week.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
I like it for the cars. Not the drama.

LOVE the Crow. Pontiac power

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
Much rather watch a reality show about things that interest me then some of these other reality shows.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd rather watch the ones filmed at the track. The name of the show no longer really applies to the original show itself. In the beginning they'd go out and make test hits on the street and race where it wasn't even a slightly controlled environment, while (legitimately?) dodging the police. Now they film it on a closed street with all the lighting and rigging set up, and do their "test hits" on a rented drag strip. So not really a "Street Outlaw" anymore, are they? They even say they have to be out of the area by a certain time or they get in trouble by the business/land owners, which has prevented some races from even taken place.

They need to drop the interviews too. It's pretty obvious that they've recorded some well after the race has taken place and they're explaining what they will need to do (future tense) to win.

I would like to know what they do, or did, to afford some of the support vehicles they show up in.

lastls1

Reaction score
The show was always on a closed street. It was legit way back when 1320 would film their small races and cash days.

Everything done for the show had a permit. Lol you think it was a legit street race? Everyone’s faces were shown, names said, in car footage. All of them would have been in jail.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
The show was always on a closed street. It was legit way back when 1320 would film their small races and cash days.

Everything done for the show had a permit. Lol you think it was a legit street race? Everyone’s faces were shown, names said, in car footage. All of them would have been in jail.
Kind of my point, at least they initially tried to maintain the illusion there was something defiant going on. That quickly evaporated once they saw the money rolling in. They could change their name to "industrial park racers" but it doesn't have the same ring to it, lol.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
The original Street Outlaws has a lot of drama. And the Farm Truck & Asian segments were pretty bad. Even though I like Farm Truck as he is a nice guy. Even when they made the rules to force people to race they found ways to jack each other around. There should be enough with the racing to fill the spot. When you need drama to fill the spot it should signal the end is near.

No Prep Kings has been fun. I am not a fan of this new team strategy. Call out should be for real grudge races. For pride or to shut someone up. Not to call out your lame-duck buddy to get an easy round. Then the rest can draw from the bucket. No Prep is interesting enough to not have to worry about scripting any drama. It would be cool to see more about the cars and combos. They can pick like 3 or 4 cars per episode. Use that for filler versus scripted drama.

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Kind of my point, at least they initially tried to maintain the illusion there was something defiant going on. That quickly evaporated once they saw the money rolling in. They could change their name to "industrial park racers" but it doesn't have the same ring to it, lol.

Bottom line, the street is the equalizer to the races. Not the cops or moving spot to spot. Closed street or not, the races are challenging enough to make it from the starting line to the finish line.

And it's still one of the few shows about racing on TV. So why nitpick it? Watch it and enjoy it for what it is.

OP
GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Lizzy Musi looks phenom in tight jeans...dear lord

J-LO

Reaction score
this is so much better than real nhra racing to watch, maybe because we have gotten to know all the players. I enjoyed it, though i agree with team new orleans, taking the freebee pass in the last race shouldnt be allowed. last race of year should be bucket draw only

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
this is so much better than real nhra racing to watch, maybe because we have gotten to know all the players. I enjoyed it, though i agree with team new orleans, taking the freebee pass in the last race shouldnt be allowed. last race of year should be bucket draw only
First off there is no rule against the call fake call out so why not take the free pass? Second why did team NOLA do the same thing? they also teamed up with team Texas now that was BS just so team 405 wouldn’t win. Third ain’t nobody beating the fireball that night he was putting car lengths on the competition.

J-LO

Reaction score
First off there is no rule against the call fake call out so why not take the free pass? Second why did team NOLA do the same thing? they also teamed up with team Texas now that was BS just so team 405 wouldn’t win. Third ain’t nobody beating the fireball that night he was putting car lengths on the competition.
i understand why he did it, and having lost the last 2 seasons in the final race, it makes sense. that being said id still toss that rule for next year for the last race. at least he had to beat 2 of the nola crew to win the last race of the year. and i agree he was moving out.

where did stinky pinky get all his speed from though LOL.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
It was a 100k on the line u and I know Nola would have done the sane thing if they had the lead like fire ball did.

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think they should get rid of the call outs all together but allow swapping for the first round. Would make shit a little more interesting

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Just watched fireballs last 3 races of the season and damn he was putting car lengths 3/4 till the finish line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom