Street Outlaws: Murica’s List

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Todd had issues and a new motor & combo. That alone could have been a problem like a turbo not spooled properly. Those small cube motors with big turbos can be a big issue. Or like Adam in Shocker not turning the nitrous on. Those kinds of things are gonna ruin a pass.

Same with these cars that make HUGE power trying to hook on a poorly prepped surface. You can only turn them down so far. As I said, they wanted Jerry in the Probe to run on motor alone. Thinking it could still cover the competition with a fast A to B pass. But I bet most of them don't have many N/A tunes. They are set to run on nitrous. So running n/a could be a gamble.

But ya, I think the editing helped hide any complaints, objections, and problems NOLA may have voiced. But then again, maybe they were paid enough to lay down and not care. In the name on JJ and crew keep winning on the show. Money can win out over many things. Including pride. So who knows what really happened.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Pratt you act like I am oblivious to the issues that can plague these cars. :ROFLMAO: Todd ran great all races and even won when he made adjustments to add more power when they raced BSM last week. All of the sudden his combo just shits the bed and Discovery happens to gloss over it?

Come on man, be realistic here.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Todd had issues and a new motor & combo. That alone could have been a problem like a turbo not spooled properly. Those small cube motors with big turbos can be a big issue. Or like Adam in Shocker not turning the nitrous on. Those kinds of things are gonna ruin a pass.

Same with these cars that make HUGE power trying to hook on a poorly prepped surface. You can only turn them down so far. As I said, they wanted Jerry in the Probe to run on motor alone. Thinking it could still cover the competition with a fast A to B pass. But I bet most of them don't have many N/A tunes. They are set to run on nitrous. So running n/a could be a gamble.

But ya, I think the editing helped hide any complaints, objections, and problems NOLA may have voiced. But then again, maybe they were paid enough to lay down and not care. In the name on JJ and crew keep winning on the show. Money can win out over many things. Including pride. So who knows what really happened.
It always seems that the stars of their own show tend to win in the end. Real or not, JJ always seems to win out on any show that’s his, 405 always seems to win out of town racing on their shows and so on. Is what it is. It’s still entertaining tv, just last episode was disappointing to watch.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Here is NOLA’s response: they would never accept getting paid to take a dive for JJ

Also, Scott Taylor’s response:
F1ED3AE2-FE88-4AB6-9CF8-3DF408BF40EF.png

08B6AD8D-7725-4E5C-9D7D-C01038520002.png

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Pratt you act like I am oblivious to the issues that can plague these cars. :ROFLMAO: Todd ran great all races and even won when he made adjustments to add more power when they raced BSM last week. All of the sudden his combo just shits the bed and Discovery happens to gloss over it?

Come on man, be realistic here.
Did you watch the "grudge race", aka test & tune, sessions after the race was over? They show Todd had plenty of issues when he was testing. Including having a serious issue with the motor. The new motor was set up with vastly different heads and set up for a lot more power. But they had issues making it work. So ya, that could have been as simple of having an issue spooling. A simple bad tweak to a tune can kill spool. Especially that that altitude and those big turbos.

They decided to change the tune after his dry hop. The tune seems to have caused him serious trouble. I can confirm a little change in the right spot can 100% not allow the car to spool at all. Because I have done it. :rofl:

After seeing Kelly & Taylor's responses, I think they got hustled by the race changing. Seeing that they made all the cars stage right after the driver's meeting, it totally makes sense now that NOLA decided to have tunes changed based upon the fact they all decided to do a dry hop. Because they found out that was the only thing they were allowed to change on their cars. Because it seems it was from the driver's meeting, to the trailers to get the cars, to lining up 7 minutes later. No chance to add ballast to the back of the cars, control arm adjustments, or anything else. JJ changed the race and NOLA had no real way to make changes to the cars to adapt to the race changes.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
If neither team had testing on the new road, and all other things equal, it came down to who set their cars up right for the condition. NOLA got too caught up thinking they were gonna run on a street that has more tire and prep then some tracks, thats their own ignorance. They should of known JJ would level the playing field by choosing a new spot. MSO has their cars set up better for the street, while NOLA for the track. I was actually shocked at the outcome, figured for sure it would be close and way into the second round, just didn't look like any of NOLA's cars were working or going down right.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
So the 405 is back with their lame ass shit top 10 list. Why lame? It’s just F’n old watching the same dewds race over and over and over and over again. It’s also weird that they are piggybacking to the new Mega Cash Days racing show??!! Mega Cash Days makes the Top 10 list look stupid. I didn’t post about it last week because I was legit confused how they were going to continue?? The list should disappear forever because Mega Cash Days has been fucking awesome and the true fastest in America will be crowned. I am really digging it minus having to watch the 405 for the first hour of the three hour show.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
So the 405 is back with their lame ass shit top 10 list. Why lame? It’s just F’n old watching the same dewds race over and over and over and over again. It’s also weird that they are piggybacking to the new Mega Cash Days racing show??!! Mega Cash Days makes the Top 10 list look stupid. I didn’t post about it last week because I was legit confused how they were going to continue?? The list should disappear forever because Mega Cash Days has been fucking awesome and the true fastest in America will be crowned. I am really digging it minus having to watch the 405 for the first hour of the three hour show.

I watched the first episode last week and it was AWFUL. I am out for this, no reason to watch in my opinion.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

Please if u lived in the 405 and had a car to contend to be #10 u would be in the show getting that money from the show. Stop hating Juan

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri
I totally agree Juan. I will admit I still watch though.
When I first heard they were coming back with the “OG List” I was really hoping for something like the first couple seasons...Varley, Derek, Andrate....etc. Truly wishing they would go to small tire only “Street cars”. But I know, that’s never happening again.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
What else are you watching that's better? I love watching these 150-300k cars run. They could do some better camera angles. Maybe a view straight back off the rear bumper.

I am comparing this to the JJ Da Boss Street Outlaws and this version with OKC sucks. I personally don't enjoy watching the OKC guys talk and interactions. I find Farm Truck and Asian annoying. The format is lacking compared to the team competition that we just came from.

I would rather just wait until a new version of the team competition is released, it is not lacking I will have a huge car racing void in my life by not watching the OKC guys.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Cash Days is on another level compared to OKC and JJ. No question.

OKC is more of the same. At least there aren't 20 minutes of FarmTruck & Asian sideshow.

Mega cash days > JJ bullshit arm drop. That shut was nearly unwatchable.

The JJ act gets annoying. The whole thing with loud mouth Beth and her son with "Milk Truck" was dumb. Especially when they lead people on to allow them an easy win when the one car was pulled infront of the starting line. Letting Beth be a hero team leader and show how she's street like him. Then that leads to the cars sitting 6 feet behind the starting line. Because no one wanted to lose because JJ changed how he pulled cars into the starting lane.

I am all for female racing and being into cars. But having it shoved down our throat is brutal. JJ says something and his harem just regurgitates it like it was exactly what he was saying. Then you have Doughboy's wife, who started driving months earlier, acting like she is a veteran on the streets and knows everything. Then you can see her kicking the one guy when he also had several people punching him when on the ground. On Cash Days JJ does his burnout and as he is backing up she's sitting on the fender of the car like a hood ornament/model/attention junkie or whatever you want to call that.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Cash Days is on another level compared to OKC and JJ. No question.

OKC is more of the same. At least there aren't 20 minutes of FarmTruck & Asian sideshow.

The JJ act gets annoying. The whole thing with loud mouth Beth and her son with "Milk Truck" was dumb. Especially when they lead people on to allow them an easy win when the one car was pulled infront of the starting line. Letting Beth be a hero team leader and show how she's street like him. Then that leads to the cars sitting 6 feet behind the starting line. Because no one wanted to lose because JJ changed how he pulled cars into the starting lane.

I am all for female racing and being into cars. But having it shoved down our throat is brutal. JJ says something and his harem just regurgitates it like it was exactly what he was saying. Then you have Doughboy's wife, who started driving months earlier, acting like she is a veteran on the streets and knows everything. Then you can see her kicking the one guy when he also had several people punching him when on the ground. On Cash Days JJ does his burnout and as he is backing up she's sitting on the fender of the car like a hood ornament/model/attention junkie or whatever you want to call that.

Women doing anything dominated by men is awesome but I don’t think they’re doing it to advance women in the sport. I think his wife is about the only one I can stand. Seems to be able to handle herself and her car and wearing half her clothes because they presumably get paid to be at the line like some of the others.

Really what pissed me off is the BS rules and then the last minute change of rules. Boosted was very straight forward and laid out the rules. I don’t know if it’s editing or just respect for the guy but people seem to be perfectly fine with any calls that need to be made.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info