Street legal KTM 525 Supermoto craigslist find

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Figured it needed it's own thread :rofl:

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ktm-525-supermoto-street-legal/6501565420.html

These 525 SMR's came from KTM Ready to Race and were not supposed be registered for street use.

I managed to get it titled & registered here in Wisconsin as a standard motorcycle because the DMV person was new and didn't realize what she was looking at... which means it's 100% street-legal.

Anyway...

This bike is a beast... faster than any other dirtbike I've owned or ridden, ever.

Reconsider buying this bike if you are a new rider... it's seriously fast and the torque is instant.

Selling because I just don't have time to ride it.

Between trying to ride my Ducati and a Cafe Bike I have, I just don't have time for a third bike.

Purchased less than a year ago and have put about $2900.00 into:

<20 miles / <1 engine hour ago (KTM Dealer-Installed):
Brand New Warp9 Wire Wheels
Brand New Continental ContiAttack SM Tires (Front and Rear)
Oil Change with Motorex Synthentic
New Clutch Slave Cylinder Installed
Rebuild Clutch Master Cylinder
<50 miles / <4 engine hours ago (KTM Dealer Performed):
Top-End Rebuild by local KTM dealer (New Valve + Gaskets)

Also on the bike is:
FULL Titanium FMF Racing Exhaust
Moto-Master Big Brake Kit - Caliper + Rotor
KTM Steering Stabilizer
Custom SigSauer PGGripz Vinyl Graphics Kit
BajaDesigns Dual Sport Kit
Sliders
Kind of a neat fact about the bike is that the top end was rebuilt at a National KTM Mechanic Meeting that happens once a year in the US. KTM invites the head mechanic from each shop to come do tear downs / continuing education.

This means the engine was torn down by 10 of the best mechanics in the country and rebuilt there as well, over the course of their 4 day meeting.

Bike needs nothing mechanically. Lights / Signals / Etc all work properly.

I'm 32 years old and have it insured through Progressive for $56 per year, full coverage.

Bike does need rear turnsignals (mine were attached to the license place so when I took it off, I removed the signals as well.)
https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ktm-525-supermoto-street-legal/6501565420.html

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
yes. lets brag that its technically not suppose to be registered for street use! lmao. noob

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
and then post the vin too :rofl:

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
i mean technically. you can register even a quad for street use if its over a certain CC and has lights, and passes a state inspection.

i was very close to attempting this with my old LTR450 i had. seemed like it could have been done.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
just because the first person was able to do it, does not mean the next will be able to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom