Strange Noises After Brake/Rotor Install

markymarc

Reaction score
A club member installed KVR drilled rotors on my car for me with new Raybestos ceramic pads about two weeks ago. They look great and work fine with the exception of this annoying metallic scraping noise that is repetitive, but it comes and goes at times. Some days I don't hear it at all while other days it is very loud. I cannot tell what wheels it is coming from, but it sounds predominantly from the back wheels.

If this helps, it sounds like...shh shh shh shh shh....

Any ideas what it could be? It is driving me crazy.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

May be one of the metal shields on the back side of the rotor is rubbing, could just be bent in a little. It's fairly thin metal, although it sounds a lot like what the wheel bearings sound like when they're going south.

J.E.T.

Reaction score
New pads and rotors will make some noises until they wear in a little.

I'd bring it back to the guy that installed it and tell him to do it right!!! :lolsign:

J.E.T.

alexgtp

Reaction score
if it makes a shh shh sshh sound.. that is normal.. remember that our cars use a "floating piston set up" so the brake pads when there is a lot of meat on them will tend to rub on the rotor.. once they get worn down a bit more the sound should eventually disappear.

markymarc

Reaction score
Turns out it was the shield bent behind the rear driver's side tire rotor. Bent it back and all is quiet now. Thanks for that tip Ron.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom