Stopped by R&D for a tune

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
This was my first time going to a shop for a tune. I had a good friend usually doing the tuning for me. A handful of people suggested I talk to John Drew and stop by R&D. I went by today. They squeezed me in to their schedule and worked out great. I had the day off and they had some free time, and it was great weather outside. They helped me prep for my tune and found some booboos here and there and had some extra parts on hand.

Tune wise my car needed some love. And I never really got to experience a pull because I never wanted to go over 4500 rpm without an actual tune. After fixing a couple of things, and taking about 27 hours trying to fix my stupid LC-1 wide band, John got to some tuning.

Seeing your car drive off and hearing it down the street is pretty cool yet nerve racking experience. Being a spectator of your own car as someone does their magic to it when youre so used to doing all the work and driving. Im really happy with the help and advice I got today. And the tune on the car is great. I can finally feel the car go into boost and pull. Its ran better than it ever has and I had a smile on my face the whole way home. There are still some things to be done to it to help out with the tune and running better, and Ill for sure be back to R&D for some work.

13422271_1051309874943051_8502907458999352248_o.jpg

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
It wasnt reading correctly. John rewired it to my ecu instead of just to the gauge display. It was reading like 7.9 and not moving. But on the laptop it was at 22.4. And did a calibration on the sensor and got it to work propertly. It was a real pain in the ass.

And boost now is around 20-22 lbs. I was looking for 20 to 25.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Shadow99
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list