Stock PCM/wiring or Holley Terminator X?

How to control my Ls swap

• Carb it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Talk to text and jokes don't jive I guess.

If you can't depress the clutch pedal for some reason. Would you auto swap it?
I would not. I’d park that shit or have my kid drive me around. Literally zero desire to have an auto in it.

I could still just sit in the driveway and rev that fucker up.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I think there is a normal termi kit that doesnt have trans control but does allow DBW? thats kinda neat. made my buddy get it for his 6.0/m20 '66 chevelle so we can try some rev match rice patch fuckery
This was the one I was looking at, should work for my gen 4 GBW. Depending on what I end up with for selling off the rest of this parts car, I’ll either be broke dick running the m21 I have or pony up for a 6 speed.

As someone who bought a modified stock harness and HPT after the Terminator X came out, I'd tell you go with the Holley unless you have a really good reason not to.

Since I was collecting parts for a Volvo 240 Wagon swap, it seemed fitting to buy the old harness, computer, and HPT from the Volvorado when it was being switched to the Terminator X. My reasoning for doing so was because I have two other cars that really only have HPT support. So buying one HPT would be cheaper than buying three standalones. I definitely lose out on the extra control and features of a standalone but I'm not trying to set records.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
As someone who bought a modified stock harness and HPT after the Terminator X came out, I'd tell you go with the Holley unless you have a really good reason not to.

Since I was collecting parts for a Volvo 240 Wagon swap, it seemed fitting to buy the old harness, computer, and HPT from the Volvorado when it was being switched to the Terminator X. My reasoning for doing so was because I have two other cars that really only have HPT support. So buying one HPT would be cheaper than buying three standalones. I definitely lose out on the extra control and features of a standalone but I'm not trying to set records.
Really the only benefit I can see to running stock wiring and computer is I have an entire running and driving car. Was my old daily driver that a drunk driver didn’t think I should drive anymore
87C0F5D3-6820-495D-AD92-7B274D8F28CC.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Porter_Pilot
Really the only benefit I can see to running stock wiring and computer is I have an entire running and driving car. Was my old daily driver that a drunk driver didn’t think I should drive anymore View attachment 72601
Ouch!! that looks like the kind of accident that should be able to finance an entire build!!

Having the entire harness to switch over is really nice, it can also lead down quite a few rabbit holes depending on how many of the features you want to bring over to the new car. Adding remote locks and other things can be entertaining, even when the "new" vintage car might have come with them. Finding out that GM used two separate wires for lock and unlock at one point while using a single wire and just sending it directly to ground or through a resister to ground in another car was a bit of an annoyance for one of my builds.
In your case it would be a tough one, I would be tempted to use the entire harness as a donor. A big question is how is the factory harness in the project car? If you are already looking at having to rewire large parts of the car, you might be best served with swapping the entire thing.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I wish you'd join the club soon..
400hp stick car just to have fun in... Is... Well.. Fun
I feel like I made so much progress so quickly on the car when I first got it home and then never actually finished any aspect of it. Just have a fuck ton of little things to take care of.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Ouch!! that looks like the kind of accident that should be able to finance an entire build!!

Having the entire harness to switch over is really nice, it can also lead down quite a few rabbit holes depending on how many of the features you want to bring over to the new car. Adding remote locks and other things can be entertaining, even when the "new" vintage car might have come with them. Finding out that GM used two separate wires for lock and unlock at one point while using a single wire and just sending it directly to ground or through a resister to ground in another car was a bit of an annoyance for one of my builds.
In your case it would be a tough one, I would be tempted to use the entire harness as a donor. A big question is how is the factory harness in the project car? If you are already looking at having to rewire large parts of the car, you might be best served with swapping the entire thing.
As far as creature comforts or anything goes, only thing would be AC eventually.
As far as goals go, I’d love to have a dontbsme style turbo build on it since I like fun and live at 6,000ft.

Reactions: Porter_Pilot

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Dude... That's why I went ham and did not rip one thing apart until I had every nut and bolt in hand....
The car got a fuck ton of different shit thrown at it. Went from auto to manual which meant floor board modding and welding in new sheet metal, went hydraulic clutch setup which has been a pain in the dick plus Buick had a unique pedal assembly which took tracking down. I put ls1 f body brakes front and rear. Electric fans and aluminum radiator, 12 bolt Chevy rear end, hydroboost brakes, 100% all new suspension front and rear.

also ran into some shit I didn’t expect like swapping body mounts on a 50 year old car, cleaned up electrical under dash and under hood, all new gauges and interior stuff.

Now just need to button most of that shit up and THEN toss this fucking LS in :rofl:

Thread Info