• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Stock Half Shaft Prices

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
the market for irs parts is strong because mazda guys have taken to retrofitting 8.8 pumpkins and 03/04 half shafts into their buzzbombs.

Flatliner said:
For those of you who have purchased them, how much did you pay w/o the cv joints? How much for shipping?

I wanted to buy some spares, but prices I have heard and what people may be selling them seem like a lot, then again the shipping I guess is what is raising the price.

Ie 2 half shafts shipped for $200.

Post up and thanks!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
ShelbyGuy said:
no worries on a dss level 5 setup....you're hilarious. checked your wheel bearings lately?

Yep, I was just about to drop the trigger on the new $1800 Level 5's...I read tons of bad feedback on Mfords. I ended up buying two new shafts today from Tusely Ford for $480ish or so..One for me, one for Shelbyguy :clap:

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
01Sleeper said:
Kevin what happened to the halfshafts you got for $100?

I installed them in the car and now it has some crazy driveline vibration, I swtiched out one side with a brand new one from ford, The problem got 60% better, i'm hoping another new ford shaft will fix the problem.

For now those shaft's are my back ups if something happens.

I'm done screwing around with used shaft, If I break one, Im going to ford from now on.

I think I also bent the input shaft or something? I'm getting a lot of noise out of the shifter??? Oh well this friday at union grove will tell all :clap:

Kevin

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
RD SNAKE said:
I installed them in the car and now it has some crazy driveline vibration, I swtiched out one side with a brand new one from ford, The problem got 60% better, i'm hoping another new ford shaft will fix the problem.

For now those shaft's are my back ups if something happens.

I'm done screwing around with used shaft, If I break one, Im going to ford from now on.

I think I also bent the input shaft or something? I'm getting a lot of noise out of the shifter??? Oh well this friday at union grove will tell all :clap:

Kevin

That sucks. Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info