Stock Half Shaft Prices

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
For those of you who have purchased them, how much did you pay w/o the cv joints? How much for shipping?

I wanted to buy some spares, but prices I have heard and what people may be selling them seem like a lot, then again the shipping I guess is what is raising the price.

Ie 2 half shafts shipped for $200.

Post up and thanks!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
They range anywhre from $100 - $250 (pair), based on miles and condition. Victor FYI, ONE compelte halfshaft from tousley ford is $250

Kevin

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Reaction score
dss l 5's...and no worry

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Reaction score
no worries on a dss level 5 setup....you're hilarious. checked your wheel bearings lately?

SLASH said:
dss l 5's...and no worry

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Reaction score
the market for irs parts is strong because mazda guys have taken to retrofitting 8.8 pumpkins and 03/04 half shafts into their buzzbombs.

Flatliner said:
For those of you who have purchased them, how much did you pay w/o the cv joints? How much for shipping?

I wanted to buy some spares, but prices I have heard and what people may be selling them seem like a lot, then again the shipping I guess is what is raising the price.

Ie 2 half shafts shipped for $200.

Post up and thanks!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
ShelbyGuy said:
no worries on a dss level 5 setup....you're hilarious. checked your wheel bearings lately?
Yep, I was just about to drop the trigger on the new $1800 Level 5's...I read tons of bad feedback on Mfords. I ended up buying two new shafts today from Tusely Ford for $480ish or so..One for me, one for Shelbyguy :clap:

Kevin

Mystic Terminator

Reaction score
I sold 2 complete half shafts for $175 to a Mazda guy. I also sold him a 8.8 IRS diff for $75.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Mystic Terminator said:
I sold 2 complete half shafts for $175 to a Mazda guy. I also sold him a 8.8 IRS diff for $75.
Got any more diff's for $75?

01Sleeper

Reaction score
Kevin what happened to the halfshafts you got for $100?

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
01Sleeper said:
Kevin what happened to the halfshafts you got for $100?
I installed them in the car and now it has some crazy driveline vibration, I swtiched out one side with a brand new one from ford, The problem got 60% better, i'm hoping another new ford shaft will fix the problem.

For now those shaft's are my back ups if something happens.

I'm done screwing around with used shaft, If I break one, Im going to ford from now on.

I think I also bent the input shaft or something? I'm getting a lot of noise out of the shifter??? Oh well this friday at union grove will tell all :clap:

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Mystic Terminator said:
Nope! They were fighting over that one on SVTP. I priced it a little too low.
Shit, I would have given yeah $ 100 :p oh well..

01Sleeper

Reaction score
RD SNAKE said:
I installed them in the car and now it has some crazy driveline vibration, I swtiched out one side with a brand new one from ford, The problem got 60% better, i'm hoping another new ford shaft will fix the problem.

For now those shaft's are my back ups if something happens.

I'm done screwing around with used shaft, If I break one, Im going to ford from now on.

I think I also bent the input shaft or something? I'm getting a lot of noise out of the shifter??? Oh well this friday at union grove will tell all :clap:

Kevin

That sucks. Good luck

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
So for those of you who have broke, what part has actually broken? Just curious, have a friend of the family who wants to take a look at a broken one and a good one. They work on CV's and curious since I haven't taken mine off yet.

Thanks.

The Pun

Topify Guy
Reaction score
Victor is always looking for a good deal on some cheap Shaft....:clap:

Stangfreak91

Reaction score
Yep, I was just about to drop the trigger on the new $1800 Level 5's...I read tons of bad feedback on Mfords. I ended up buying two new shafts today from Tusely Ford for $480ish or so..One for me, one for Shelbyguy :clap:

Kevin
kev,
Are you saying the stockers are better than the level 5's???:confused:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom