Stock C7Z vs N/A Coyote [ Bolton's, cams ]

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Yeah you mean like power to weight ratio and aerodynamics? Both of which the corvette is superior. Still makes no sense.

I suggest you google "Michael Washington Race Pages Digital"

8s NA.

Im not taking away from the Vette. However alot of people underestimate NA coyotes. 10s NA isnt that hard. Hellcats run high 10s stock by comparison.

Reactions: slow4.6

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You guys do realize a coyote with gt350 heads, cam, intake and some compression will crack 600 at the tires. Many people have done it. Nothing new

A few years ago there were LS nut swingers against a few of us early on Coyote guys in different threads. A LS3 vs Coyote thread was made. Sure was a whole lot of examples of Coyotes making power and running well. There wasn't much LS3 stuff posted. haha

It has been a blast to see what Coyote stock and streetcars did with that platform since 2011.

Reactions: slow4.6

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
A 100% untouched motor, and you went 9.48 in the 1/4? Assuming you were on a tire, was it tuned?

He raced in The NMRA coyote stock class. It uses a sealed motor that comes from Ford. The motor is shipped from Ford with tamper-proof hardware. If the hardware is removed the tech inspectors will know the engine has been taken apart to some degree. And the person is disqualified. See the seal on the intake manifold front bolt in the picture below? The class rules have changed and the things they can do outside have changed over the years. But the motor is always the same sealed motor from Ford. That is the "equalizer" in the class. And the cars rip! No doubt about that.

88956946.jpg

Regular
Jan 23, 2016
Im sure this will likely be the route, plan is first get it up and running, then worry about the HP goal down the road.

Thinking I should have gone F150 motor and Stage 3 cams instead of finding a GT motor though at this point. Oh well.

I think you’re fine either way. I got 728 to the wheels with Paxton kit and E85 setup. I’m sure there was more in it too. It was a 15 Vert, went 10.29 and was in need of a driver mod.

slow4.6

TCG Elite Member
Mar 20, 2006
Yes. F
A 100% untouched motor, and you went 9.48 in the 1/4? Assuming you were on a tire, was it tuned?
Yes, on a 26. I put a coyote outlaw tune on it. Palm beach dyno, with ms109 fuel. 4.71 gears, also took some weight out. Car usually runs at 3100lbs, factory tune, c10 fuel. In coyote stock trim it runs 10.00-10.30s depending on the track conditions and weather.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info