Stock 3800 long block good for how much power?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my engine is entirely stock bottom end with 158k miles, the only part change on the entire engine- except for intake manifold- i have valve springs from [MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION]'s old trailblazer ss... bone stock vavletrain otherwise

my intake manifold is a setup off of a naturally aspirated 3800... so that's pretty stock as well.

on 15 psi at the halfmile i ran 140mph on 18" wheels... my car also has 120lbs of sound deadening, a full stereo, and i was 230lbs last year when i ran

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Ok, thanks guys! So nowhere near the 1000whp that some asshat is claiming on a stock long block.

Who cares about the max engine hp on stock block?

2 words Garbage Transmissions

Until 4t80s become the norm or unless someone has the 1inch GMR chain the trans will assplode long before the engine will.

Because 4t6Fail.

:roflpicard:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
ZZP was over 800whp on stock short block... Talking with Matt he was sure they had no hit the limit yet on stock block.

My goals once the turd is back is over 700whp :)

My feeling was I was well over 600 crank.. Just my converter slip issue limited me badly.

Just put a 4t80 in it already? Im disappointed no one has ripped off at lest 2 back to back 10 sec runs with a turbo 4t80 setup and where in the hell has GTPower been he's been MIA for a while now.

Thought he was doing a 4t80 conversion also? IIRC he bought a fresh remaned GM 4t80 off ebay cheap.

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Just put a 4t80 in it already? Im disappointed no one has ripped off at lest 2 back to back 10 sec runs with a turbo 4t80 setup and where in the hell has GTPower been he's been MIA for a while now.

Thought he was doing a 4t80 conversion also? IIRC he bought a fresh remaned GM 4t80 off ebay cheap.

Dave is in progress on getting it all together finally. Its on the lift until its running.

The old 4T65e thats been put together should be the baddest one ever done.

Having a converter that can take over 1000hp and able to lock in 2nd/3rd will be insane.

I can't wait to see how it turns out... the 7675 has me worried.. may need to switch to C16
fuel so I can run some high boost with it.. otherwise... :squirts:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

im pretty sure he quit 3800's a while ago

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I pretty recently sent him a few PM's about the 4t80s and Im about 99% sure he did pickup a fresh remaned trans from ebay. I believe it was even posted here too.

Might have to dig around for it.

Also [MENTION=11400]jdredd[/MENTION] [MENTION=53]Turbocharged400sbc[/MENTION] and Greg Pritt aka GMRBadass off GPF.net

All 3 have big badass builds that are all either garage queens or stuck at PRJ's shop I believe Gregs whipple car is @ PRJ and [MENTION=11400]jdredd[/MENTION] by dave you mean Dave from TEP?

All the big builds sitting makes me want to cry.

Not to mention the caged car I have sitting and a mountain of parts in my own basement too.

FML and the whole wbody world such a let down.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I pretty recently sent him a few PM's about the 4t80s and Im about 99% sure he did pickup a fresh remaned trans from ebay. I believe it was even posted here too.

Also [MENTION=11400]jdredd[/MENTION] [MENTION=53]Turbocharged400sbc[/MENTION] and Greg Pritt aka GMRBadass off GPF.net

All 3 have big badass builds that are all either garage queens or stuck at PRJ's shop I believe Gregs whipple car is @ PRJ and [MENTION=11400]jdredd[/MENTION] by dave you mean Dave from TEP?

Not to mention the caged car I have sitting and a mountain of parts in my own basement too.

I'm friends with him on facebook im pretty sure he sold his grand prix a while ago

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014

Dave @ TEP yes.. been there over 600 days :( But it looks like things are moving... Good thing is, it sounds like
Dave has come up with a few new upgrades for our platform due to this car, so its got that going maybe?

I have 100+ runs in the 10s in the setup... 200k mile stock short block. Never maxed out the T67...
So at least I have some decent results already :p

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Dave @ TEP yes.. been there over 600 days :( But it looks like things are moving... Good thing is, it sounds like
Dave has come up with a few new upgrades for our platform due to this car, so its got that going maybe?

I have 100+ runs in the 10s in the setup... 200k mile stock short block. Never maxed out the T67...
So at least I have some decent results already :p

Hmm what are these upgrades you speak of?

I was going to give James some hell because I used to have a link for a shop that made Wbody camber plates at least for pregens im pretty sure they would work on the 97 up bodystyle too. Now I cant find the damn link.

Grimmspeed or some shiz I believe was the name. :dunno:

And if I would ever stop doing all these damn deployments back to back to back maybe just maybe that caged heap of mine might see the road again.

Im just like the rest of the wbody world just a broken unfinished garage queen for now! :roflpicard:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ZZP was over 800whp on stock short block... Talking with Matt he was sure they had no hit the limit yet on stock block.

My goals once the turd is back is over 700whp :)

My feeling was I was well over 600 crank.. Just my converter slip issue limited me badly.

i recall something with the two first junkyard shorty's in the TTGT, first one i cant remember but it led to the full tube chassis build and the new twin setup....his old ttgt unibody setup is in my garage.
but by the second one with everything sorted out they did the 780/800whp pulls and into the 8's. he said they had well over 50 track passes and half of em close to full power/load. he was pretty sure he was breaking 1k at the crank, then they went full retard with the BFTGT setup and its aftermarket rods and pistons....and he was spraying it off the line when he broke the chain.

rotating assembly geometry sucks but thankfully god created turdbochargers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info