• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Stock 2010 GT500, BIG 1/4mile times.....

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You guys gotta remember that heat soak is a killer. He said that his first pass was the 11.6 with a 2.5 hour cool down before. The next several were with 30 minute cool downs and botched runs too boot. I can personally vouch for the big difference in runs. My car was going 13.0-13.1 every time I went to the track with almost no cool off at 110mph. Then the last time we were at byron, there was a big breakdown that had us in the lanes for over two hours. That next pass I went 12.5@114 with a 2.1 sixty. If I would have pulled a 1.6-1.7 short time, I should be right in line with that guys times. It seems believeable to me, seeing as I expirenced it first hand with mine. Heat soak+ stock tune pulling huge timming = shitty times. As for the 1.7 short time on the stock tires, that is one hell of a miracle if thats true.

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
i would guess that he staged with the rear wheels by the 60ft.. ive been to arm drop live and seen it happen more then a few times.

Agreed. Been there, done that with 435 stock, 503 CAI/Tune and 535 pullied, all onF1s. They're friggin grease. I've had stock 3.31s and 3.73s and Bob's right...the only way you're gonna see a dub 1.70 is either lining it up on the rears or on DRs.

bj

Big Cam Z28

banned from CorvetteForum
Jul 23, 2006
i agree with this guy

1.68 on these F1's plus you say you spun in 2nd gear? But it appears that you had a 4.9x 330? Those are drag radial numbers, not greasy goodyear times. Dude I gotta say you're one hell of a driver to be able to put those kind of numbers up. Got any pix of your car on the line with that number on it? I'm skeptical.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info