Stock 03 cobra clutch really stiff

gnx547

Reaction score
I test drove a 03 cobra and I was surprised how stiff the clutch is from the factory..I never knew it was that stiff..

01SVT19

Reaction score
gnx547 said:
I test drove a 03 cobra and I was surprised how stiff the clutch is from the factory..I never knew it was that stiff..
Yea Some are stiffer than others Not sure why. My buddy and I have both stock clutches and his is Alot more stiffer.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
... true, introduction? You have a gnx?

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
First run 2003's had the stiff clutch pedal. It was revised in the late 1st run or early second run cars.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I have an early run 03 (built in May 02) and the clutch doesn't seem stiff to me.

Although, this is my third Mustang, so stiff clutches probably seem normal to me. :dunno:

y2k4cobra

04 Screaming Yellow Cobra
Reaction score
the stock pedal pressure is 50lbs on the cobra where as the gt is rated at 16lbs.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Reaction score
i test drove an 03 once
holy crap
it mustve been a first run because I'm fairly certain that was the stiffest clutch I've ever felt in my life

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Reaction score
The stock clutch in my cobra is by far the stiffest clutch I have ever driven. Possibly twice as stiff as any other clutch I have driven.

Putting in the Centerforce Dual Friction clutch made it noticeably easier, until I installed the Steeda short-ramp quadrant. Now it's slightly easier than stock was.

On the plus side, my left leg is in top shape now.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
What do you guys drive Civic's all day..? The stock clutch seemed like a dream to me...Go drive a 03 with a DFX in it and tell me what you think :eek:

Kevin

FR 500 HAND BUILT

Reaction score
Go drive one with a spec stage 5 in it and anything feels like a dream. There ar no springs in this one. It is either on or off no inbetween! :headbang:

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
RD SNAKE said:
What do you guys drive Civic's all day..? The stock clutch seemed like a dream to me...Go drive a 03 with a DFX in it and tell me what you think :eek:

Kevin
Well since i drive an 04 it's alrite. Just a little easier than stock.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom