Steve “Mongo” McMichael and ALS

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Everyone thinks people should live forever, it's ridiculous and such a flawed way of thinking.

The old and infirmed need to die. That's how a society thrives.
Human euthanasia is a thing. It's needs to be practiced world wide.

If we can humanely give an animal peace, why can't we give a suffering human being peace with dignity

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
This is one hell of way to end it. Fuck me.

This suicide jump off the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge is From 2012.

AE409188-475F-41F1-8C35-DD0EE1F312B6.jpeg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Humane euthanasia is a thing. It's needs to be practiced world wide.

If we can humanely give an animal peace, why can't we give a suffering human being peace with dignity
Right. I get lit the fuck up by multiple people talking about their 90+yo grandpa every time I say it, but it's the fucking truth.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Until I'm actually in the situation where my life is maybe at the brink, it's tough to say whether I'll actually want to prolong it any way possible, or just have the switch turned off early. Same way how some folks like to think they'll act heroically in a life/death scenario, but actually freeze up or run away when faced with that challenge. I wouldn't want anyone to make that life/death decision for me or for anyone else. But I agree that those that want to check out on their own terms should have the ability to do so, and not be forced into prolonged suffering when they have no hope for recovery.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Maybe split the thread now
NOPE

Not tryna turn this in to some super personal argument with someone that thinks their 90+yo grandparent is such a great person that, costs be damned, they should go to the doctor weekly for tests & prescription adjustments, have a home nurse, take thousands a month in medication to prolong their life etc.

There are legitimately tragic situations all over the place that should receive the full might & resources of the medical industrial complex, but instead most of the money spent in healthcare goes towards the obese or elderly. I don't think anything angers me more than that.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
NOPE

Not tryna turn this in to some super personal argument with someone that thinks their 90+yo grandparent is such a great person that, costs be damned, they should go to the doctor weekly for tests & prescription adjustments, have a home nurse, take thousands a month in medication to prolong their life etc.

There are legitimately tragic situations all over the place that should receive the full might & resources of the medical industrial complex, but instead most of the money spent in healthcare goes towards the obese or elderly. I don't think anything angers me more than that.

But you can spin this off into a thread about medically aided dying.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
If I had the same thing Mongo has and at my age, I'd seriously consider this. My pragmatic side would not want to drain my family's finances to give me another year or two. I'd rather leave them in a good financial place.

That video was interesting and also sad.

Presume many ALS, Parkinson’s, MS, cancer and other patients contemplate this, and those who proceed forward with self-termination fall into a suicide statistic, instead of a disease related death statistic.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I was going to say, I think you can in Oregon. I remember a story of a California woman who had some terminal brain cancer and it was getting worse by the day, to the point she couldn't function or something and she wanted medical suicide but shockingly, California wouldn't allow her. So she moved to Oregon and when she felt it was time, took the cocktail.

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
I can’t believe he’s still hanging on. It’s odd they keep taking so pictures of him over the past year or so with former teammates and friends. All smiles and everything. Is this how you really want to remember him? Maybe he’s ok with it, but if it were me, just leave me alone so I can hurry up and try to die already.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Yea I have a hard time when I see him like this wondering if he would have approved.
Saw him like 5-10 years ago at a car show I was in at Romeoville. Dude was still bigger than life. Show was a memorial for a guy that passed and his car was on display along with his 9 year old kid.
Steve sat with the kid and talked to him about how he was the man now. I still get choked up remembering him talking to this young boy and encouraging him to go on to a bright future.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Sports Mockery announced an hour ago that McMichael has been elected to the HOF.

Hampton and McNeil also tweeted confirmation.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Yea I have a hard time when I see him like this wondering if he would have approved.
Saw him like 5-10 years ago at a car show I was in at Romeoville. Dude was still bigger than life. Show was a memorial for a guy that passed and his car was on display along with his 9 year old kid.
Steve sat with the kid and talked to him about how he was the man now. I still get choked up remembering him talking to this young boy and encouraging him to go on to a bright future.
That's some real shit right there. Sounds like a good guy. Glad he got his accomplishments acknowledged while he was still alive.

ALS is horrid, I have a former coworker who has it. Last time I talked to him he was still working despite needing both hands to move his mouse. Don't know that I'd have the will to go on like that, but the human will is astounding.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info