• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Steggy or POSI

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
I want to port the eaton on my truck. I was looking into the Steggy Stage 5 and the POSI Lightning Race port and I am stuck. I will not be porting the stock plenum as I will be looking to run a C&L plenum and a single blade throttle body. The Steggy will cost me about 655 bucks. It will be 495 for the stage 5 port and 160 bucks to have the rotors stripped and a front drive rebuild. The POSI port is $450 for just the port. POSI does great work on GT500s, but I haven't heard much about lightnings. I'm just trying to see which route to go. Any input would be great.

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
We have been porting the SVT superchargers for over 6 years now and through experience, and porting as many Eaton's as we have, studying them with R&D, we have found over 95% of the Lightning superchargers need front drive rebuild due to majority of you are or have been running an aftermarket lower pulley. We actually have had 100's here at our shop and had have seen several with approx 18,000 miles on the unit need a front drive rebuild (after we had put it back on the truck and heard the noise)
We fully disassemble your blower and front drive snout and evaluate it's condition. All bearings and seals are inspected, rotors are checked for flaking and tip scouring.
The blower case is ported achieving the CORRECT balance of Low pressure to High pressure. (Low pressure meaning the inlet side and High pressure the exit side)
Careful attention is paid to ALL areas to achieve the Highest Airflow rates and still Retain case rigidity ----Designs are constantly being tested and updated to assure you the Largest HP gains available-- GUARANTEED. All Airflow test data recorded with a SF 600 SuperFlow Flow bench.
All Lightning Truck blowers have rotor to case rub.

I don't think I believe the first part

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
Why not a KB?

not in the cards for a while. needs forged pistons/rods, plus other supporting mods if I want to use it effectively.

my vote goes to POSI as well, i'm not a fan of steig.... or save a little more and get a MP

I like the magnum powers. It runs cooler, but you have to spin it hard as hell to see the difference over the eaton. Plus the case is 1495 and you still have to buy the rotors, unless I reuse my stockers. I don't wanna go nuts right now. I was thinking a ported blower with a 2.7 upper and a 4lb lower should get me over 400rwhp.

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
Posi, screw steig Bob he is an asshole and I wouldnt give him my money if someone else was paying for it. Brian (posi) is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and his work speaks for itself. If you saw Posi other business you would no he is not some fly by night guy that works out of his house.

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
Posi, screw steig Bob he is an asshole and I wouldnt give him my money if someone else was paying for it. Brian (posi) is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and his work speaks for itself. If you saw Posi other business you would no he is not some fly by night guy that works out of his house.

it seems that most people on other websites are telling me to do it myself or have POSI do it. they all think that the steigmeier torque plate is dumb. I definitely don't have the tools for a home port, so I might give Posi a try. Kurgan said the Steggy's make more power, but IDK about that.

not in the cards for a while. needs forged pistons/rods, plus other supporting mods if I want to use it effectively.

I like the magnum powers. It runs cooler, but you have to spin it hard as hell to see the difference over the eaton. Plus the case is 1495 and you still have to buy the rotors, unless I reuse my stockers. I don't wanna go nuts right now. I was thinking a ported blower with a 2.7 upper and a 4lb lower should get me over 400rwhp.

just to give you an idea here are my old number with a plenum, SBTB, 6ln lower, cat back and intake and a very conservative tune by Bob. Your goal isn't that far away from my old one....

dyno-1.jpg

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
after all the things I've read, I think I am going to go posi. I'm going to have him check it to see if it needs a rebuild, and then I will have him install a 2.7 upper. He said himself that if the customer or HIMSELF is not happy with the dyno results, he will refund some money, or send you another blower.

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
you should have no problem braking 400hp with this set up... i might also suggest a larger heat exchanger to keep things cooler because of the blower spinning faster now, or a meth injection system (like I had)... just my 2 cents

Rafal

i figure a 2.7 upper and 4lb lower should put me just under 17lbs of boost. I'll be looking at upgrading the fuel pumps, injectors, and then adding a JLP powercooler or the Killer Chiller. from what I have been reading on the lightning forums, the H/E doesn't do as much as people thought

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info