đź”– Deals Steamlink $15 at amazon

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I'ts not bad for what it is. Certain games it is great for. Twitchy shooters and stuff not so much. Things like local multiplayer platformer arcade kind of games it is great.

I used to sit and play GTA from my couch with it pretty well. I wouldnt try and play Battlefield or anything as there is some input lag.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If you’re a controller person, the steam one is weird. I prefer Xbox.

I have both and my steam controller is bluetooth. :dunno:

I used it for some Telltale games and it worked great. Just not enough HDMI ports on my TV to make it viable for now. I really need to get another HDMI switch, but Im also running out of plugs.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
My problem with the steam link was when I had foot surgery in 2015, I played classic games on it from my PC to bedroom TV about 15FT away, directly blocked by a single wall. After about an hour or so of gameplay, playing FFVII, the game would stop playing. This happened with any FF game, Baldur's Gate, etc.

Could be defective, but, it works for a couple of hours, then needs to be rebooted and what have you. Not a bad device by any means, though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info